“THE Takeaway.”

Chippy Ardchoille Fish and Chip Cafe
Ranked #48 of 54 Restaurants in Pitlochry
Cuisines: Fast Food, British, Seafood, Scottish
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ardchoille comes form the Gaelic meaning the 'High wood'. It started life in 1961 when it opened as a place where you could have a coffee and listen to the juke box. Ardchoille Fish & Chip cafe has been continuously owned by the same family since it opened and has served well over one million fish and chips. We now serve Beers and Wines!!!! Indoor and out door patio seating during the summer. It is recommended in the Lonely Planets Guide 2003 - Britain and Ireland: "Serves the cheapest eats in town and does so with atmosphere." The fresh North Sea haddock is very popular. Steak pies, scampi, chicken, also white and black pudding suppers. Haggis suppers.
Stornoway
“THE Takeaway.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Excellent Fish & other foods Pies etc & Chips takeaway. Good portios freshly cooked & fairly priced.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank IainwiththeI

• Polish first
Edinburgh
“the worst chippy i have ever had the misfortune to visit”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

This cannot by any stretch of the imagination be described as a fish and chip shop. They sell frozen, yes frozen chips that are deep fried in the frier. It is disgusting, horrible and wrong. If you run a chip shop how hard is it to peel and cut potatoes and then deep fry? I would have gone back and challenged the contents of my takeaway had I not been dumbstruck by the contents in the polystyrene container before throwing them in a nearby bin. Incidentally, the bin was already filled with discerning diners who already had the same idea.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank 4leafcloveronmybrest
“Frozen chips”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I should have known when i went in, but I had already made my order, plates and plates of left over food that no one had eaten. These were frozen chips - not traditional British fish and chips. Even for frozen they were awful!! The man behind the counter told me they were not frozen - but 'chilled'? The reason they were 'chilled' is because they were defrosted frozen chips! While I was there a foreign family bought £37 worth of fish and chips . . . proceeding to put them all in the bucket outside the shop. I am ashamed that our lovely traditional Scottish food is being packaged and sold like this!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Hutclis
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fast and tasty.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I really liked my chickenburger. I was rush for bus. I got my food very fast, and it vas even tasty. Good for a fast food ;)

1 Thank olivinta
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Terrible - Absolutely diabolical !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

The best thing we have learned from this culinary experience is to never enter this burnt oil smelling establishment ever again and for that reason alone we feel the £9.19 it cost for cheeseburger + chips and a single black pudding was money well spent. We now know that we have just experienced the very worst that Scotland has to offer in takeaway food so as in the title of a 90s song "Things can only get better" and The Ardchoillie Fish and Chip Cafe can D:REAM on. This kind of fast food outlet (Minimum effort - Maximum profit) is what spoils a lovely town like Pitlochry. We were returning home from a friends funeral so decided to stop off in Pitlochry for something to eat at 4.30pm. We were looking forward to a quick bite to eat as we set off from home at 6.00am that morning and were returning north with a 3hr drive still to go. Cheap frozen catering chips, the Cheeseburger was absolutely disgusting and the closest thing I could relate the black pudding to was a....??? 'We'll somethings are best left unsaid'. We couldn't be bothered complaining as we headed over to Blair Atholl to eat our takeaway. So BEWARE! any unsuspecting motorists, locals or tourists out there "YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED" enter at your own risk, ' Bon Appetit'

• Visited March 2014