This hotel really is a mixed bag.
Good things: -
1. Excellent breakfast - all very hot, nicely cooked and tasty (although for some reason I got twice as much food the first day as the second - two sausages, slices of haggis etc rather than just the one).
2. Pool area is very nice and new and was always very quiet when we were there. There is a hot tub, steam room and sauna as well.
3. Bar area is nice and fresh.
4. Plenty of parking.
Bad things: -
1. Bar service - when I order a bottle of wine with my dinner I expect to get it before the food arrives. Both nights we stayed we did no get our drinks until after we had had our starters. The couple in the table beside us chased their wine twice and it arrived halfway through there main course. They have one barman who is dealing with drinks in the bar and also preparing and bringing through all drinks ordered in the restaurant. It doesn't work and just puts pressure on all the waiting staff (adding to the rather surly deamanor of a few of them - not the estern european waitresses who were all very pleasant and efficient).
2. Bedroom - our room had clearly been recently decorated and although on the small side was adequate. However, for some reason when the decorated the room they didn't bother to replace the awful shower. It took about 10 minutes to warm up (even after we worked out that the hot and cold controls were mixed so that you turned it to red to cool it down and blue to heat it up). You then had to move around to get wet the pressure was so bad and the temperature fluctuated constantly.
3. Communal areas - the bits that have not been done up yet are very tired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Scottish family hotel .5 mile from train/bus stations; in city centre; splendid views over Perthshire Hills & Lochs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Scotland's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scotland`s Hotel And Leisure Club
- Scotlands Hotel Leisure
- Scotlands Hotel Pitlochry
- Scotland's Hotel & Spa Pitlochry