We have just returned home after a very pleasant 3 day stay at the Scotland's hotel. We have stayed here a few times before and one reason for returning this year to the hotel was MacNabs bar and Bistro. We discovered this gem during our last visit in 2006 and enjoyed many an evening here. However this year we were so disappointed. After a long journey up from the midlands we were very tired and decided to go to MacNabs to enjoy a few drinks there. At first we had great difficulty actually getting a drink at all, as all the drinks we ordered initially were not in stock. When we did eventually manage to obtain a drink (our third choices) we were absolutely horrified at the prices. Two pints of bitter, half a lager and a vodka and lemonade came to 5p short of £13! Needless to say we didn't stay for a second but found another bar in the town where the same round of drinks came to £4 less. It is a shame as we had every intention of spending our money at MacNabs but not at those prices. Sadly everyone else appeared to feel the same as the place was empty. We will always return to Pitlochry as we love the place but I think we will seriously have to review where we stay next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Scottish family hotel .5 mile from train/bus stations; in city centre; splendid views over Perthshire Hills & Lochs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scotland's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scotland`s Hotel And Leisure Club
- Scotlands Hotel Leisure
- Scotlands Hotel Pitlochry
- Scotland's Hotel & Spa Pitlochry