Stayed here for one night on the dinner, bed and breakfast, full use of spa facilities and 30min treatment deal. We were both excited about getting away for the weekend and relaxing, however, we ended up having more of a laugh at at the hotels little quirks than relaxing! On arrival we were informed that we had not booked a time slot for dinner or for our treatments, however, there was no communication from the hotel since the confirmation email so how were we to know?
Next we proceeded to use the hotels lift up to our room...with carpet lining all four sides of the small, box sized lift we where bemused to see that the lift in fact had no real door and the wall was moving as we went up each floor! Overall, the hotels decor is dated and in need of repair... It was like we had stepped back in time or had checked in to Fawlty towers!
Our room was small, bed comfortable and tv in working order (although it is advertised as satellite when it's actually free view) we soon noticed a hole punched into the wall of the room and water stains on the wall paint. There was also a forgotten sock lying in full view on the carpet!!
The staff and manager, however, were friendly, attentive and happy to answer all questions we had.
The food was quite unspectacular and had only pheasant and fish on the set menu which meant both of us had the risotto. The speed at which the food was served to us could only have meant it was pre prepared or heated up. My apple crumble sounded lovely on the menu, however, when served it was basically stewed apples with a flake or two of crumble on the plate. Breakfast wasn't much better. We has to ask for bowls to eat our cereal from, my boyfriend received one slice of French toast and one rash of bacon and the toast on which my poached eggs were served on was very soggy.
The spa facilities were quite small but in clean working order. However, when we had to walk through the dinning room to gain access to the spa that said it all. Due to the number of families using the pool when we were there I was unable to get a changing room or locker to put my things away so had to improvise! Also, if you needed a towel it was a £1 charge.
After all the novelties of the hotel so far we were doubtful as to what our treatment would be like and we were right to be! The therapist was late and only gave each of us a 20 minute treatment instead of 30min.
We've been fortunate enough to stay in some great five star hotels and this weekend was just a little getaway so by being a 3 star we expected a lot more for our money. I do not feel my hard earned cash was worth what we paid, for £200 we could have done something alot more worthwhile and relaxed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Scottish family hotel .5 mile from train/bus stations; in city centre; splendid views over Perthshire Hills & Lochs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Scotland's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scotland`s Hotel And Leisure Club
- Scotlands Hotel Leisure
- Scotlands Hotel Pitlochry
- Scotland's Hotel & Spa Pitlochry