Got a two nights DBB and a bottle of wine on a Groupon deal at a fantastic rate! First of all Pitlochry is beautiful little town set in a stunning location, especially when it snows, so it's a must place to visit! Go to the Old Mill and McKays bar for food a drink. I suggest going to the Blair Athol distillery, have a tour and dram of wishky then walk over to the Festval theatre, The Salmon ladder and a walk by the river to the green walk bridge back into town!
The hotel is less than a ten minute walk from the train station. We got in we got lost straight away, there’s abut 3 entrances and the front reception is in neither in three of these locations. Once we arrived the receptionist was very professional and lovely and pointed us to are room. On route to our room it was like we were back in the 60's or in some Hitchcock movie! The hallways are awful! On entering the room i was surprised given the state of the hallways. The rooms must of been decorated and where nice with an amazing bed! Great mattress = good sleep! The lock on the door is frustrating too and takes you 5 minutes the first time to figure out how to work it. First nights dinner was again mixed reviews. Food was good but the room was dark and cold. And this was when i noticed that only 2 to 3 staff do everything! Especially the South African gentleman, give that guy a medal! Next night dinner was warmer and much better especially when the food and beverage manager was on....what a change! Breakfast was a bit disappointing as you get very little choice and the portions are very little too! We are in Scotland....gives us a proper breakfast and i do nt know who made up the room service prices with those service tray charges. Probable due to having three staff they are trying to put people off lol
The last night was great fun where we decided to stay in the hotel. The Night Portman Stan again is a great character and you have some great discussions with him. Drink prices aver very cheap!
Over all a good two days stay. Amazing staff! Good rooms and spa! It’s tough times with very little money to spend on the hotel....but to the owner if it wasn’t for your staff......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Scottish family hotel .5 mile from train/bus stations; in city centre; splendid views over Perthshire Hills & Lochs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scotland's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scotland`s Hotel And Leisure Club
- Scotlands Hotel Leisure
- Scotlands Hotel Pitlochry
- Scotland's Hotel & Spa Pitlochry