We have stayed here before so had a rough idea of what to expect.
The hotel is in a good central location with decent parking. There's lots to do round about if that's your thing.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating all throughout the stay. In particular, a tall European guy (Sorry, not sure of his name) was excellent.
We've read the odd review where the staff have been slated for having a poor attitude - can't say we experienced this. However, some guests have a tendency to think "slave" instead of "staff". It's not hard to see why a staff member might not live up to these people's standards!
The spa facilities were excellent - the long broken Jacuzzi had been fixed. Bonus!!
The bar prices didn't seem to be as bad as the last time we were here. We had drinks in the hotel bar/lounge on several occasions. It's a very comfortable and well furnished area.
The restaurant had a decent selection of meals in the evening and the quality was excellent. The breakfasts were of a similar quality and selection.
Our room was well appointed and modern but was perhaps a little on the small side. It was in the bank building rather than the main hotel, which was merely a 5 second walk away.
My only real gripe with this hotel, and it's a big one, is that the mattress was horrendous and BADLY needed replacing. Had we been staying more than 2 nights we would have asked for a move. It hardly seems worth doing so on the morning after night 1 though.
One other slight gripe is that there was a strange noise, which was either coming from the cistern in the bathroom or the large water tank in the room across from ours. As comical as it sounds, it sounded like there was a seal at the door!
It's a 3 star hotel which probably slightly exceeds that rating. We'd probably have scored slightly higher if the hotel hadn't gotten such a basic thing wrong.
Would we return? Provided the mattress was fixed, then yes. (It's room 406 btw)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Scottish family hotel .5 mile from train/bus stations; in city centre; splendid views over Perthshire Hills & Lochs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Scotland's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scotland`s Hotel And Leisure Club
- Scotlands Hotel Leisure
- Scotlands Hotel Pitlochry
- Scotland's Hotel & Spa Pitlochry