“Onomnom!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great fish & chips and even a gluten-free fish & chips was provided. It tasted great and even though there were many customers the seller was friendly and relaxed. We will surely come again!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Words can't describe how good this place is. Fish is cooked to order so expect a little wait. It's worth it, fish is so flavoursome. And batter is crispy and not greasy at all. Have had better chips but still very good and shouldn't put you off. Staff friendly and welcoming too. Prices very good and can't complain one bit.
Half portions very good value for kids and just right size although they shared one portion of chips between two and still had some left over. Really good place for dinner or lunch. No seating area apart from counter at window so more of a takeaway. Can't fault it.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Whilst visiting this chip shop I was disgusted with the greeting and the service of an older man who was moody and not in the slightest bit interested in my custom and was only focused on grabbing my money, the man was harsh and intimidating and made me want to leave the shop. I will not be returning in the near future as I do not want to sighed and huffed at and as I'm here the chips were absolutely vile, hard in the middle and very greasy. Not a good experience.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I went to "The Plaice to Be" on the recommendation given by our Globus tour director during a trip in June.

It was the best fish and chips I have ever had. Delicious. Super fresh. Huge serving. It is a very small shop and is very clean. The service is very fast.

I am still telling people about this fish and chips shop even after I have been home for weeks!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

As on half board at hotel we did not want to big a meal no trouble here two small haddock and one of chips shared between us the fish was well cooked in a crispy batter which was mouth watering the chips were hot and tasty and there were bar seats to sit on while eating your meal