“Awful service, unfriendly and rude staff.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Coach House

The Coach House
Ranked #43 of 54 Restaurants in Pitlochry
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are an informal fun bar, where dining is a casual affair. We serve great drinks at the best prices. If you want to be entertained we have live music every Friday and Saturday. For sports fans we have both Skysports and BT Sport on our many screens. Our menu is served daily from noon to 9.30pm. Enjoy drinks and food on the terrace and watch Pitlochry life pass you by.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Awful service, unfriendly and rude staff.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Pitlochry has some lovely bars and restaurants, but this one isn't! I complained about the dukebox eating my money and not playing my music - trivial, I know, but the response I got from the Bar Manager was beyond rude. He was aggressive towards me (I'm 5 ft 2 and not the least bit aggressive) and continued to shout at me even whilst I remained calm and asked him to stop. Awful place - avoid at all costs and go to McKays across the road which is far nicer.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank IckleSalsa

glasgow
“beware of the dukebox”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

My wife & I were enjoying a quiet pre-dinner drink when our peace was shattered by the loudest pub dukebox I`ve had the misfortune of hearing ,however it was evening time and so we grin and bear it, finish our drinks and head to the old mill inn .
We (maybe foolishly) returned there the following lunchtime thinking the music would be off or at least at a tollerable level at this time of the day& on arrival the bar was fairly quiet so we ordered lunch and waited unfortunately two youger lads came in and put "music" on and it was very loud , we spoke to the bar staff who were unwilling to do anything about I would have left had I not already paid for my lunch, so the best we could do was move as far away from the noise source as was possible & when our lunch came the food was good but not worth have our eardrums assaulted for.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank GlasgowBuddy
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“local thugs attacking young guy from wedding party”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

my wife and myself spend 6months of the year as do our whole family, the night before our wedding all the guys went out for a few quiet pints,as you do, one of my stepsons best friends was set about over setting the balls up for his game of pool. 3big guys plus 2 bouncers who were a joke,had hold of him whilst 3locals,who were not asked to leave,where punching into him,as we were all at the other end of the bar we only caught the tail end of the rucus. this happened 1/06/12 at 21.45pm not one of us was in the least bit drunk or out of hand. as the groom i got the 9 of us to leave and head elsewhere, spent a lot of money in this bar over the last 20 years, not the 1st time ive witnessed trouble, we won,t be back at all. management must take rowdy locals in hand as they get away with what they want in this awful pub aviod at all costs.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank irene m
“Good food pity about the rest”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

We ate here on Thursday, the food was good enough although were finished before the whole meal was fully served. Had to ask for cuttlery and there were no napkins!! Wouldnt rush back for food. Plenty eating places to choose from, so give this one a miss!!!

1 Thank StevieMurray
“A little loud, great to watch the locals let their hair down and have fun.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

We ended up here for the £3 a pint beer after being shocked at McKay's £4 a pint. There was a DJ in the corner playing a wide variety of music, friendly atmosphere, a mix of locals and visitors. Some of the music wasn't to our taste, but it was great to just sit and have a few drinks and people watch.

Good atmosphere, saw a young guy getting ID'd and refused, he wasn't too happy but his mates calmed him down and off he went with no trouble.

We didn't eat here, but the prices on the menu looked a bit steep.

• Visited April 2012