“A must stop on the A9!”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Dot expect anything fancy, it's a motor grill. Saying that, service is excellent and the coffee is great! Food is ok, don't expect anything fancy. Saying that, the cakes are great!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

What a start to our lazy day, full brekkie for my hubby, sausages and egg for me and how delighted was my little monster to get sausage, beans and chips!! Not at all a greasy truck stop we had an amazing feed for an amazing price. Very busy wee place with friendly service and fresh fayre. Sometimes only a fry up will do and this place has it nailed!!

1  Thank Big_Sam2009
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I eat here often. the food is always freshly prepared and the staff are very efficient.
The place is run like a well oiled machine!
It is excellent value for basic food and I have never been disappointed yet.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

When God designed the A9 the only thing he got absolutely right was The Ballinluig Motor Grill. Perfectly placed to wash away all the frustrations of your journey South from Inverness and equally to give you the strength for the Northbound journey ahead! Don't expect anything 5* - just good wholesome food and fast service for your family. Just watch the kids faces relax and start smiling as soon as you get seated - then the peace and quiet as they tuck into their hearty meals! Heaven! Go there next time you're heading North or South and you'll see what I mean. :)

2  Thank Peter H
cmb2912, Owner at Ballinluig Motor Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

I would like to thank you and all the other happy customers for great reviews, we strive for customer satisfaction and very much appreciate comments positive or negative, the positive gives the staff a real boost and the negative an aim to improve!
Being privately owned for the past 43 years we couldnt be prouder to be where we are today, on the map!
funnily enough it wasnt god who created the ballinluig services, but as good as, my dad!!

Thanks again for the review and your custom

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I always stop here for an evening meal on my way home to Glasgow.
The food is always freshly made, a good selection, all of excellent quality. the prices are also very good. The Motogrill is a welcome sight after the frustrations of the A9