“Best food on the A9”

Ballinluig Motor Grill
Ranked #26 of 54 Restaurants in Pitlochry
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Diner, Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Best food on the A9”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I love to stop at Ballinluig Motor Grill when I'm driving on the A9. I was in this weekend with my daughter on our way to Glasgow and then on the way home again. The staff are incredibly friendly, the service is fast and the food is great. You're not going to get fine dining here but what you do get is freshly cooked cafe food that is very good quality and served by friendly waiting staff. I'll admit it's not the best place to stop if you're on a diet but you can still get a baked potato or freshly made soup while your pals tuck into bacon rolls and crispy chips...
On our stop on the way home the staff made a huge fuss of my daughter as she had won a couple of medals at her fencing competition. I thought she would burst with pride and the time taken by the staff to make a kid's day speaks volumes about the welcoming atmosphere you get here. 10/10 all round for Ballinluig Motor Grill.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Elanne

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing old values and excellent service.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Let's face it, none of us like paying a fortune for a dried up sandwich from a garage. On a trip up to Beauly, I was strongly advised to visit this place for lunch. We drove past it! We made the effort to turn round and parked up. Once inside, we were greeted warmly and shown to our table. The place was literally bursting with customers, but despite this we were seated quickly. After confirming our drinks order, the drinks arrived like magic! We chose our food and minutes later it arrived - tasty, good portions and the service was fantastic. We ordered cheesy pasta for the kids and Mrs T had a 'pie chips and beans'. I enjoyed a black pudding roll and a pot of tea. Very tasty, inexpensive and brilliant service. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank GlasgowCurryClub
Glasgow
“As always, fantastic”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We took a detour to come here and it was worth it!! Soup delicious and the haddock delicious. A couple of mugs of strong tea and on with the journey. I really can't fault this place

• Visited October 2012
Elgin
“Very good as always”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Quick, clean, welcoming and freshly cooked no nonsense food. Don't expect Michelin star food but it does what it says in the title.

• Visited October 2012
elgin
“Welcoming and clean”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyable meal at really good price, gammon steak was excellent and plentiful. As was my friends scampi, mixed grill and another had black pudding egg roll. Very glad we choose to meet there.