“Brilliant fun!”

Nae Limits Adventure
Ranked #6 of 40 things to do in Pitlochry
More attraction details
Owner description: Nae Limits is Scotland's most established and innovative adventure & outdoor activity centre based near Pitlochry in Perthshire, Scotland. White water rafting, canyoning, tubing, quad biking, paintball and much more! We cater for everyone; adrenaline junkies, beginners, families, stag & hen groups, corporate groups, schools and kids with our new "Wee Limits" activities.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Brentwood, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Brilliant fun!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you're mad enough to do something as random as canyoning on the way back to the airport as I was, then you're probably mad enough to enjoy every minute. The guys in charge were experienced and accommodating and I think I can speak for all of us that I felt very safe doing some of this crazy stuff. The adventure seemed good value for money and I only have good things to say. They even sent my bikini back to me after I stupidly left it in the changing rooms! Thanks for an awesome time guys. Great little set up you have there.

Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nae Limits Log Cabin & Canyoning - sweet and sour”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I booked the log cabin and the canyoning from Nae Limits for a stag do, and it was overall a good experience. The Log Cabin has a great setting, it's furnished very well and has a high standard. Staff are friendly, the only complaint would be the food (mustard on the burger?). Overall 9/10 for the cabin.
The next day we went down for the canyoning near Pitlochry, and this was a great experience. The weather was great, staff fairly professional and they seem to know what they're doing. The experience itself was very cool, jumping off cliffs etc into the river.
That was the sweet part.
The sour part was dealing with them after the trip was over and I was trying to get some money back for 3 of our group that couldn't make it.

I booked originallly for 14 people, and paid the deposit for this. However 2 people pulled out with 1-2 months notice. Fine I thought, I'll callup Nae Limits and see if they can change the numbers and possibly refund the deposit. I spoke to a very nice lady who said that if I would call back in early July then they would know if they had managed to fill the places and could return the money.

Then in early July I phoned up to pay for the remaining balance for 12. A few days later another person pulled out, and there was some back and forth about the final number. On the day before the booking I confirmed 11.

What gets me is that they said the group size was 14, but on the day we had 15 in our group. We were eventually only 11 out of an original 14 booked, so they had managed to fill up the spaces and then some.

Upon enquiring with Nae Limits upon this and the possibilities of a refund, it was a blank no. They said the deposit is nonrefundable, and the cancellation is 14 days notice. Even though I had been told earlier on the phone that i could phone up early July to check on the staus. btw my booking was for July 13.
Then there seems to be a completely different attitude from before and after. Before it was all smiles and "yes we'll see what we can do", and then afterwards it's "No, no money back, no refunds".

If they did the decent thing and offered the refund, seeing as they have made all their money, I would be happy. But they haven't.

But that was the only negative, the rest of the experience is great!

Regards,
Fredrik

Visited July 2013
Manchester
146 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 282 helpful votes
“Good fun!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were a group on a stag do and opted for adventure tubing! The former element comprised of a series of ever higher cliff jumps and the latter involved floating down the River Garry in inflatable tubes for a couple of kms. The activities took place in a beautiful location, the equipment was in good nick and everybody enjoyed the activities. The gides were friendly enough but didn't go out of their way to interact with the group, more just kept a watchful eye......

Visited June 2013
“The activity we ended up doing was good and the guide was excellent, really made the whole trip.”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We booked a canyoning experience for two using Groupon vouchers given as a Christmas gift. We understand that a lot of these activities are weather dependent and as per ts&cs depend upon numbers for certain activities but when we arrived at the nae limits log cabin (the day before we were due to do the activity) we were slightly disappointed to be told that we could no longer do canyoning due to the weather and would have to do white water rafting. There were already 6 people booked on this and from what we can tell we were the only 2 booked for canyoning and so did not meet the minimum requirements of a group of 4, it came across as a little suspicious.

Upon arrival at the nae limits adventure centre we were greeted with a friendly member of staff who checked us in and then left to wait for the remainder of the group. The atmosphere was really laid back which was good for the more nervous adventure seekers.

All of the staff were great and the raft guide was brill, he really made the whole day. He was very interesting and knew his stuff. The actual rafting was good but would rather have gone canyoning. If nae limits could get their act together in ensuring people get to do the activities they'd like to do, i.e. instead of making them group number dependant leave them as weather dependent only, they'd completely smash it. In spite of this we'd very much like to go back for the canyoning and possibly even a bungee jump.

Visited May 2013
henley on thames
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“They work hard to make it a good day”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Visited last week when temperature near freezing, and horizontal rain. They had 4 boats out on the Tay and despite poor conditions on the river, and overhead, they Worked really hard to make it an entertaining and enjoyable trip. Would like to do it again when it's a bit warmer, and the river is running a bit higher! But a good day out and full marks to the staff.

(PS. Made the mistake of staying in the Nae Limits lodge at Kirkmichael. Don't! Much easier to stay in Pitlochry or Aberfeldy)

Visited April 2013