“Pricey!”

Fern Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Pitlochry
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fern Cottage Restaurant in the heart of Pitlochry is a firm favourite, both for local residents and visitors to Highland Perthshire. We are located as close as you can get to the heart of this picturesque Victorian town. Fern Cottage Restaurant offers a warm Highland welcome, truly tasty food and personal service for every customer. Our menus have an emphasis on flavour, the freshness of Scotlands' larder and a taste of the Mediterranean. There is now more than ever on offer with different menus at lunch and dinner times. Retaining much of the original ethos of using Scottish, seasonal ingredients to create dishes with a Mediterranean twist, our food is cooked to order and guarantees a treat for your taste-buds, whether a classic or a contemporary dish. Fern Cottage is now on winter hours. We will be open for lunches from 12noon with last orders at 2.15pm. We will re-open for pre-theatre or a la carte in the evening all using seasonal produce - we offer you something special every time. Head Chef Rifat Aycan has created the new menus using an exciting new range of dishes packed with flavour and all beautifully presented. Whether front of house or 'behind the kitchen door, every member of our team is dedicated to ensuring you enjoy your visit, spread the word and come back for more!
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Found the menu on the pricey side, as well as disappointingly small portion sizes. Been out walking and there simply wasn't enough to eat!!

There are newer reviews for Fern Cottage Restaurant

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We booked a pre-theatre dinner and the menu choice and price was perfect. The service, wine and food quality were all excellent. The four of us all had different food choices and there was a unanimous verdict that we would have dinner here again. Perfect!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Have been here again for Dinner two times in June 2014. In both cases, nice and creative food, excellent taste and friendly staff.
If it's get busy, they are getting in slightly problems (experience from last September 2013)

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We popped into the restaurant for an early dinner while visiting the town in June. We did not have reservations. We were given a very poorly situated table between the doors to the kitchen and bathroom and we should have left then.

We ordered the soup of the day which was not very good and the accompanying bread was certainly not fresh. The waitress made no comment when our bowls were collected and mine barely eaten. I ordered the scallops appetizer portion. These were the worst prepared scallops I had during my entire holiday. They were luke warm, like rubber and tasted little better, again I barely touched my plate and again no comment from the waitress. My husband enjoyed his cold mackerel plate.

KarenAycan, Owner at Fern Cottage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Hello
Thank you for your review, we take all our customers reviews seriously and act on comments and suggestions where possible.
I’m sorry you felt that the table you were given was not to your liking and I will ensure that we always check that customers are happy with the table given and are offered an alternative if possible. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy the soup as we make all our soups fresh on the premises. Our bread is also made on the premises daily by our Chefs- so that fact that it was not fresh is puzzling. I have re emphasised the importance of waiting staff asking if everything was okay when clearing plates from customers. I apologise that we did not meet your standards with regard to the scallops preparation but am pleased that your husband enjoyed the mackerel. I hope that when you next visit Pitlochry, you will give us the opportunity to impress you. Kind regards

Karen Aycan

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Arrived late evening mid-week for a solo meal whilst staying overnight on business in Pitlochry. The restaurant was recommended by the Guest House I was staying at.

I had the 8oz sirloin with the olive and tomato sauce, it was very well cooked and the mushrooms, tomato and chips which accompanied it was also lovely.

I had the cheesecake for dessert which came with a butterscotch sauce. Although a large portion, the cheesecake itself was quite a bland flavour but was improved by the sauce.

Service was quick and cheerful.