“Lovely B&B”
Review of Ashbank House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pitlochry
Ashbank House
Ranked #42 of 65 Pitlochry B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a lovely B&B! Helen and Bob make you feel most welcome in their home and have provided every comfort. We arrived after a very long day's cycle, and were delighted with our cosy room and piping hot shower. Breakfast was lovely with an ample selection and portion.
This is the best B&B I have stayed in and it would be my first choice for accomodation in Pitlochry.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here for one night (Saturday) february 2013. My friend and I had cycled to Pitlochry from Edinburgha nd were jaded by the time we arrived. What a welcome sight Ashbank was and what a friendly welcome we received from Bob. He ushered us into the warm house, assuring us, he'd look after our bikes and showed us to our lovely, spotlessly clean room. he then pointed out some local eateries and recommended a local brewary for dinner which was lovely and just what we needed. He couldn't have been more helpful or friendly! The next morning we met Helen who prepared a scrumptious breakfast, again helen couldn't do enough for us. She was friendly and pleasant and really made us feel at home. After our amazing feed, we headed out on our bikes again but we'll definitely be back and I would highly recommened Ashbank to anyone. It's a wonderful B&B with a homely, welcoming feel. The place is spotless, well presented and as soonas my head hit my pillow I was out like a light for the night. Well done Helen and Bob - you have a fab B&B here and long may it continue!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and would recommend it, spotlessly clean, comfy beds, warm rooms Home made shortbread provided on the tea tray,Helen and Bob were really helpful with local info,The location was a 10-15 minute walk from town but it was an easy enough walk although uphill on the way back!
Breakfast was great the oven baked omelette with oat cakes were delicious, we also sampled the porridge and Scottish breakfast,
Views and garden were lovely and it was a nice quiet location for a good nights sleep

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CumbriaArtcritic
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here at the end of June 2012 for our honeymoon and I'd have no hesitation in staying again or recommending to anybody else. Helen and Bob were wonderful hosts and we were very touched by the congratulations card and bottle of wine they gave to us. The room we stayed in was very nice, with a fantastic view of their garden and the tree covered hillside opposite. We heard no noise from any other rooms and even though I was coughing most nights nobody else heard a thing. Breakfast was really tasty, with plenty of choice, and I'd recommend trying the oven baked omelette.
The B&B is a great place to explore Pitlochry and the surrounding areas from and Helen and Bob were really helpful with providing maps and information on walks. There's a few whiskey distilleries within walking distance of the B&B including the smallest distillery in Scotland called Edradour.
Beware that the homemade biscuits that they put in the room are so tasty you'll feel very tempted to buy some when you leave!

Room Tip: The double en-suite at the back of the house has a great view
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Helen welcomed me with a smile and my stay started with a lovely chat. She'd left home-made shortbread in my room and as soon as she found out I was on a special diet she did her best to provide for me.

A comfortable stay, a sound sleep, a breakfast menu so enticing that I wished I wasn't on my diet and all in all, I had a lovely stay.

I'd love to go back for leisure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed for one night and can recommend this home from home. Helen takes a great pride in the B&B and there are lots of nice little touches which would never be found in a hotel. The breakfast was plentiful and cooked to perfection. The place is spotlessly clean. I was there after a snowfall and the garden looked lovely shrouded in its white blanket. It was -4 degrees outside but cosy inside. Parking is plentiful in the grounds. There were other people staying but I didn't hear a thing .. so much so I nearly slept in for my appointment. Wifi is available.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here for just one night on a journey from the Northern Isles down to Cumbria, owner Helen could not have been more welcoming to us and our pet parrot. Our twin bedded room whilst small (the shower room especially so!) was spotlessly clean, beds comfortable and room was well thought out, good quality tv, tea, coffee and very tasty home made shortbread. Breakfast was very good indeed with a great choice and all of good quality. Garden and sitting out areas lovely and bird feeders well-stocked and popular with a variety of birds. Would not hesitate to book Ashbank House again.

Room Tip: Twin en-suite is very good and has a lovely view over garden and river
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple