“Dog-friendly, Comfortable Stay”

Bruach Mhor Guest House
Ranked #34 of 65 Pitlochry B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night accompanied by our Shih-Tsu dog, Remy.

Room was spacious, clean & comfortable & furnished with a double & a single bed. The bathroom & room are finished to a high standard.
There are tea making facilities in the room & ample storage space.

Good traditional breakfast with ample portions.

Paul recommended The Moulin Hotel, 10 mins walk away, which is dog-friendly. He also gave us info & tips to visiting the local area.
Paul is also a keen photographer & some of his amazing photos are on display.

Recommended.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bruach Mhor Guest House

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Wonderful stay in an ideal really dog friendly B&B. Paul and Cathie
were very friendly and welcoming. We were a family of 4 adults plus
two labradoodle dogs and occupied three rooms. The rooms were large
and included all the necessaries including tv, bath/shower plus
coffee, tea and chocolate. Breakfast was substantial and included a
hearty full breakfast. Lovely outside garden in which dogs could play
safely. Dog friendly pub 10 minutes away, The Moulin Hotel, selling
local beers. Totally recommended and can confirm dogs very welcome.

Room Tip: Very dog friendly
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here for two nights on our way to Plockton and could have quite happily stayed for many more. What can you say about a place that is absolute perfection. Paul is a wonderful host who goes the extra mile to make you comfortable and in addition is very knowledgeable not only about Pitlochry and surrounding area but many other places an things of interest as well. Our room and bathroom were large and airy, spotlessly clean and with a great view. The house and grounds are lovely, in a fantastic location. There is a good selection for breakfast with a 'starter' table consisting of fresh fruit, cereal and porridge which my husband said was really tasty. I can highly recommend the smoked salmon and scrambled egg. However, my husband says the kippers and Scottish breakfast are equally good so difficult to chose between them. It is also dog friendly and our Jack Russell was made to feel at home - she particularly loved playing in the garden with the resident spaniel's tennis balls!!! And finally, just five minutes walk away is the Moulin Inn where you can get a good evening meal. As I said perfection. Thank you Paul and Cathie for a lovely two days.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed here recently for two nights with my mate on a Bank Holiday weekend Biking trip. Paul greeted us warmly upon our arrival and quickly showed us to our rooms which were nicely furnished and of a very decent size. we've stayed in Pitlochry several times previously but fancied a change and Paul had advertised on a biker friendly website which helped us pick his B&B. the Bruach Mohr isn't very far from the excellent Moulin Inn which serves great food and very nice beers which are brewed locally. the next morning Paul had cooked us a fantastic Full English complete with cereals and freshly made porridge and toast which really sets you up for the day. Paul was very helpful in helping us choose our route for the day by going the extra mile and printing off the local weather for both the west coast towards Skye and the East coast to Aberdeen, thankfully with his input we made the right choice to avoid some terrible weather on the west coast. we had a great days riding and when we returned we chatted with Paul and his wife Cathie about the days ride out. once again we had the short 5 minute walk up to the Moulin inn after showering and a little rest in our rooms. upon my return from the Moulin unfortunately the alarm on my bike was going off and after several attempts it eventually stopped however this wasn't the last of it as it decided to go off again at 2 in the morning and I was up trying to disable the alarm which had also woken Paul and Cathie. I must say they were very understanding in the circumstances and despite my best efforts couldn't get the alarm to disable. Paul helped me to disconnect the battery which solved the problem and we could all get some much needed shuteye. The following morning of our departure I couldn't apologise enough to Paul who still had a wonderful breakfast prepared for us and after that proceeded to help me and my mate with my bike on which we deduced that the battery had decided to give up the ghost as my bike wouldn't start. Paul fetched jump leads and various other tools and wiring to get my bike started and have us on the road... nothing seemed too much trouble and I will happily (if allowed) stay at Bruach Mohr again.I travelled to the Triumph dealer in Edinburgh on the way home to replace the dud battery and problem was solved. Thanks once again Paul and Cathie and hopefully you've caught up on your lost sleep...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Myself, my husband and our dog stayed for two nights at the Bruach Mhor Guest House. Upon arriving, we received a warm welcome from Paul and shown around the house and to our room. Our room (room 3) was spacious and exceptionally clean - it had a four poster bed and an addtional single bed with ensuite shower facility. It also had a lovely view overlooking Pitlochry.
Paul also provided us with information on activites in the area and also gave us a booklet with a selection of walks. The guest house has nearby access to local walks/treks.

Bruach Mhor is about a 10 minute walk uphill from the centre of town and a 5 minute walk from the local pub, the Moulin Inn which is actually the only dog friendly pub in the town. We had a choice of three different breakfasts each morning - we chose the full Scottish Breakfast both mornings which was piping hot and delicious, served with freshly made toast. There were additional breakfast "goodies", including porridge, cereals yoghurts and fruit juice.

Overall a delightful and very good value stay - we will be back. I would highliy recommend the guest house, whether you are a dog owner or not.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Experience from start to finish excellent ,I booked via email Paul ( the owner) answered quickly and answered all my questions. when we arrived Paul was very friendly and helpful and had shown us around house.The house is a gorgeous Victorian house with all the original structures even has the old maid calls which still work .I am very fussy when it comes to staying away from home but our room was to a high standard we got the family room as we had our two children there there was no faults with the room .The breakfast was outstanding and plenty to offer from cereal to a hearty fry up only fault no high chair for two year old but he managed with the adults chair and Paul made sure wee ones breakfast was out first and even cut the crust of his toast. I would recommend this bed and breakfast not only does it have outstanding views but the house was outstanding and the food and atmosphere from paul was excellent I will be staying again and would recommend house to anyone

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and i and our two dogs stayed at the Bruach Mhor for one night on the way through to more northern parts a part of a weeks holiday. It was a wonderful start to the trip The Bruach Mhor is a fine place and the owner was friendly and helpful. Our room was big very comfortable and had a wonderful shower in the ensuit. Breakfast was good and all too filling, there was more on offer but we couldn't eat any more. Pitlochry proved a fine town to spend the afternoon but after a very long drive the warm comfortable bed at Bruach Mhor proved best of all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple