“Wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pitlochry
Tir Aluinn Guest House
Ranked #26 of 65 Pitlochry B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Dave and Kathy are a lovely couple, and their bed and breakfast is one of the best I have ever stayed in! We were there just over a week ago, and booked in at the last minute..what a fab choice, absolutely wonderful. The rooms are immaculate, warm, and extremely comfortable, and the breakfast is FANTASTIC!! Strongly recommended. Thank you both for your hospitality. Excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey K

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My family and I love Pitlochry and visit regularly, Tir Aluinn is our accomodation of choice every time. The Chipperfields are fantastic hosts and thier beautiful B&B is without fault. Excellent location, meticulously maintained, welcoming environment and my favourite......Top Notch breakfast..!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GreggR847
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've stayed at Tir Aluinn Guest House on a number of occasions mainly as a single traveller - the guest house is immaculately clean, warm and homely. The owners are very friendly and are keen to ensure your stay is comfortable. The guest house is less than a 10 minute walk from the main shopping street in Pitlochry. It is located in a very quiet part of the town with very little noise. I've always slept very well each time I've stayed here.
Breakfast is served in a dining room with magnificent views, there is a large range to choose from continental style and the option of a full cooked breakfast.
I always choose Tir Aluinn as a stop over on my way to the Scottish Highlands.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Skeldergate
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I can’t say enough good things about this place. Although it’s located only two blocks from the main road and all the shops/restaurants, it’s on a very quiet street.

Our room was spacious and very well appointed with new furniture and comfy beds that were like big fluffy clouds. The room was very quiet (it seemed to have a soundproof window), they offer free wi-fi, ample parking, and we had our own set of keys so we could come and go as we pleased. This particular room also had breathtaking views overlooking the yard, the town and the adjacent mountains.
The en-suite bathroom was small, but had a great shower, and was very clean and functional. The bath towels were huge and really plush, and the hot towel rack was a really nice luxury.

The included breakfast was plentiful, varied, fresh and absolutely delicious. It had free range eggs (from their own chickens), fresh baked breads, berries (from their garden) and much more. It is served in a wonderful breakfast room that opens onto the huge yard, which also has awesome views of the mountains across the valley. In addition, the yard has a pen with chickens, and is filled with different fruits and vegetables.

The hosts were delightful and welcoming, the atmosphere very relaxing, and the price value is excellent. My only regret is that I could not stay longer, but if ever in Pitlochry again, I would definitely go back.

P.S.: I’m thrilled that my 100th review goes to such a wonderful and worthy B&B!

Room Tip: The room facing the yard has breathtaking views of the town and mountains.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stinz3
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I stated here whilst working in Pitlochry, the owners are fantastic, rooms absolutely wonderful, and the breakfast was brilliant with loads of choice! I will return in the future! Fantastic value for money!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank elin1983
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We spent our first night in Scotland at this lovely B&B. Kathy and Dave are wonderful hosts! Our room was spacious and very clean. We got a dinner recommendation and took a short walk into town. Our breakfast in the morning was delicious, and the view is amazing! We had to wash clothes that day and they graciously let us leave our bags in the house and check out a little late while we visited the local laundry facility. Pitlochry is a lovely place, and we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed two nights in this fabulous guest house. The welcome from Kathy was warm and friendly and made me feel right at home. The guest house is an easy 10 minute walk from the town centre. The breakfast spread catered for every taste and the cooked breakfast alone would keep two navvies going from sunup to sun down. My room was large, well decorated and extremely comfortable with an extremely well stocked hostess tray. The house has a large comfortable looking (I didn't actually use it) guest lounge, It may only be rated 3 star but the standard of accommodation and service merit 5 stars in my book. I would definitely stay here again and would have no hesitation recommending it to my friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo