“Wonderful Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 1747 Restaurant

1747 Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 196 Restaurants in Perth
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Wonderful Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have been a customer of this restaurant for the past 4 years. I have see the very positive changes both in the menu and the quality of cooking. I agree that up until the past year the meals could vary in quality according to whichever chef was on duty.

HOWEVER, in the past year, the meals have been excellent. I had a fabulous meal tonight with my sister. Menu various excellent choices, but my sister wanted something off menu, which was no trouble at all. Served with a smile and great efficiency. Only very small critique, rolls would have been better warmed through.

I am lucky that this restaurant is an easy stroll from my home, and I have used it frequently. I would, however, like to congratulate all of the staff who have embraced the upheaval connected with the upgrade of the Lovat and still made their previous customers feel welcome along with the obvious new customers this had attracted. Local or holidaymaker, fabulous choice with reasonable prices.

Welcoming smiles, efficient and pleasant service, all led by superb management. Food superb.. I'll be back!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Perth, United Kingdom
“Disappointing meal... poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We visit the Lovat Hotel regularly for meals at lunch time and in the evening and have usually had a reasonable experience there. We have also had our Christmas Day lunch there for the past three years and the food and the service have been very good.
However, we were there for lunch recently and I had the Asian style curry with chicken and half way through my meal I came across a piece of chicken which was raw in the centre. I called over the waiter who did apologise and took the meal away. I was then completely flabbergasted to be told by the waiter that the chef had told him to tell me that he had used a probe on the chicken and it was in fact not raw! I told him that he and the rest of our party had clearly seen raw chicken and that the explanation was completely unacceptable. I was not offered another meal but the waiter said that we wouldn't be charged for that meal. Without this concession this review would have been for one star not two. I have had experiences of this restaurant being a bit hit and miss previously but this was the worst occasion, serving raw chicken then claiming that because he had used a "probe" it could not be raw despite visual evidence to the contrary is unforgiveable. We will now be re-considering our Christmas Day lunch with this hotel as although it is very convenient, this sort of practise is potentially dangerous as the one meat which should never be served raw is chicken despite the chef's claims.
We won't be back in a hurry, sorry but our business is now lost.....

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Scottish Highlands
“just really good food and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

A great meal. Imaginative menu and really well cooked food! I had a smoked salmon starter with a creme fraiche filling to start; my only gripe was it would have been nice to have a bread roll or even better some brown bread and butter! For may main I had a stuffed bell pepper with really tasty rice and melted feta with a lovely fresh salad. One of the best veggie meals I have had in ages!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Perth, United Kingdom
“Really nice lunch shame we were the only ones there”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

My boyfrined had been here for lunch a few weeks back and suggested we go as he had really enjoyed it. We got in the car and drove the short distance to the edge of the town where the hotel is

On arrival the carpark was empty and I did wonder if the hotel was open but in we went and sat down for lunch, we happen to be the only folk there which was a pitty as the staff were very attentive.

The menu we were presented with was vaired from small lighter lunch options to more substantial lunch meals

The lunch sandwich option either came with soup or chips
I chose the 4oz steak sandwich with chips and my boyfriend the chicken club with the soup of the day his fav lentil

When the sandwiches that arrived they were really fresh and a reasonable size not too big or too small
We decided to split the lunch for a bit of variety so i can say that both the sandwiches were fantastic and i tried the soup it was also very tasty.

Overall the meal was lovely and the resturant itself was very nice
It had lots of space so if you were looking for a place to gather with a few friends this place would definatly be able to accomodate you

• Visited February 2013
Peterhead
“Lovely restaurant, fantastic staff and delicious food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband, myself and my parents were on a short break in Perth and visited the 1747 Restaurant at The Lovat Hotel on Saturday 16th June for an evening meal.
What a fantastic evening we had! First of all I must commend the hotel on it's staff. We were served by two young lads who were so polite, so friendly , so pleasant, so helpful and very attentive. These are rare qualities and I would like to thank them very much.
The surroundings were lovely, The restaurant had a really nice ambience.
The food was superb! All four of us had a main course and a dessert and we all agreed everything was delicious. The presentation of the food was amazing too!
My husband ordered Herman Sponge for dessert and when we asked what it was, the waiting staff went to the trouble of finding out exactly what it was.......and then a waitress came with a copy of the recipe for us to take home!!
I would reccomend this reataurant to everyone and if we lived in Perth, we would be going there to eat regularly.
Many thanks to the staff for making our evening very special ......and to the chef and kitchen staff for such delicious food.