“brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Skinny Tyres

Skinny Tyres
Ranked #25 of 62 things to do in Perth
More attraction details
Owner description: Skinny Tyres offer road cycling holidays, trips and coaching in the Scottish Highlands. We offer packages for all abilities of road cyclist, with an emphasis on luxury accommodation and ensuring that all you need to think about is turning the pedals.
Highlands of scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

I can highly recommend these training weekends. Scot is professional and friendly and everything is there for you when you arrive. The accomodation is of a very high standard and all meals are included, they even cleaned our bikes after the ride on the first day! The rides are really good and the support team excellent it takes any fear out of the event itself. Great weekend all in all with special thanks to Erni who gave me a lot of support personally and made it such fun.

Visited May 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Professional, friendly, expert road-cycling experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I did an all-inclusive training weekend for the Etape Caledonia, as well as a single-day ride a few weekends later and both were of the highest quality. The Skinny Tyres crew, headed by Scot, are incredibly friendly, but a the same time being clearly knowledgeable and experienced in cycling. This means that you feel totally at ease on the rides and can just enjoy the experience. Everything is taken care of from when you arrive to when you leave, so accommodation, food, and everything you need on the rides, including vehicle back-up, food, drinks and energy products, is sorted. The cycle guides are also really friendly, and make sure every ability is taked care of - from a breakaway group for slower/less experienced cyclists, to leading us out on a 20 minutes section at 20mph+ for the more energetic. No one is left behind.

A spirit of camaraderie was encouraged on the weekend I was on, and everyone on the rides got on really well, and that added to the fun. Accommodation was of a high standard with excellent breakfasts to fuel the day. Super-strength coffee was available at Escape Route bike shop in Pitlochry, where last minute mechanicals as well as any bike accessories that you need can be sorted out. Lunches were generally hearty soup and sandwiches at local cafes on the route.

Overall, these trips are terrific for getting confidence and experience in road cycling and perfect for preparing for a big event, like the Etape Caledonia. Scot is very helpful and is happy to discuss the suitability of a trip for you. Recommended.

Duns, United Kingdom
“Etape Training Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Was wondering what on Earth I had done when I signed up to take part in the Etape Caledonia but the training weekend with Skinny Tyres has put my mind at rest and convinced me that it can be done! The weekend was excellent all on its own without the 'higher' purpose of training for the Etape. We could not have wanted for more. The accommodation and food were superb and the support and advice from the Skinny Tyres team meant that there was nothing to do but enjoy the cycling in the stunning surroundings.

Glenisla, United Kingdom
“Etape training day rides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Being an Etape virgin, I thought it a good idea to get some idea of what I'd let myself in for, but I needn't have worried. Scott, Erni and Toby, along with everyone at Escape Route in Pitlochry, (where the rides start from), couldn't have been more welcoming and professional. The days were very well organised, with good helpful information, good banter and great fun. I'd highly recommend to anyone.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Professional and practical cycling experience with great guides and organisation.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

I booked the single day training ride on the Saturday, meeting up at 9.30am to set off at 10.00. Friendly welcomes all round and a brief chat assured me that I was in safe hands and in good company. I selected the "moderate" training day which I thought was average weekend rider ability, but small print said "for those hoping to finish sportive in less than 5 hours 30 mins". This turned out to be perfect for me as the riders grouped according to ability anyway and stopped regularly to re-group. No one felt out of place or under pressure. Both guides spent time giving advice to everyone along the route. This was a great experience for anyone attempting a long sportive and excellent value for money. Highly recommended.