“Fab hotel”

and 1 more site!
Huntingtower Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed November 5, 2012

just home from this hotel and had a great time. Hotel is excellent and food is amazing. We were in room on the ground floor and it was very spacious but very cosy and warm. The staff were very pleasant and friendly. We were there for the Sunday special which consists of Afternoon tea on arrival, 3 course dinner in the evening and bed and breakfast for £89 per couple. The steak is amazing. Very good value for money. Will definately be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
JasonDoga, General Manager at Huntingtower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

I would like to express my thanks for taking the time post these wonderful comments. It makes me extremely happy to hear that you have had such a lovely stay and that you wish to come back.

I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Brilliant fun, lovely rooms, great food and stunning setting. Who could ask for more? What made this weekend was the standard of the food remained consistently high despite having to 'mass cater' for the participants. Excellent, can't wait for next October to do it all again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sue6067
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I met another local couple here for dinner on the recommendation of a friend and we were not disappointed. The food was absolutely delicious and portion size was spot on. It was also very reasonably priced -our bill was just less than £100 for 4 three course meals and a bottle of wine.
Great atmosphere, will definitely go back. In fact, we are looking to book into their xmas party night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bluerabbits
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Found it on line and impressed with the tripadvisor reviews we booked in for dinner - couldn't have made a better choice. With its oldy worldy charm and friendly staff we were soon being delighted by canapes served in the lounge with the drinks whist we made our choices from an very enticing and well constructed menu - from that point on it was sheer pleasure - the food and service were excellent and the staff extremely attentive. We enjoyed it so much we booked for the next evening as there were other menu choices we were keen to try - we were not disapointed in the least although 80% of the menu had changed. Very good value and an extremely good diniing experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank foodyman127

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely comments; I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and dining experience. I will ensure your comments are passed on the to the appropriate team members.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I spent quite a few weeks/months searching for a venue in which to be married. This was one of only a couple from more than 15 venues we visited that felt right from the moment we walked in the front doors.

If it's a modern bright minamilist hotel you are looking for this is not it. If on the other hand you are looking for a hotel full of character (wooden staircases, fireplace and much more) and excellent staff in a good location then this may well be the one you are looking for.

We did eventually decide that this was the hotel for our wedding and with alot of help from Diane (Events Manager) we got it all sorted and had a wonderful day. The value for money was second to none for what we received.

If I had any commetns on the wedding day they would be extremely minor but worth noting.

1. The front lawn was being mowed at exactly the same time we were having the ceremony, in the conservatory. Whilst this did not interfere with the ceremony the noise could be heard in the background and even more so on the video we made of our day. As I said it is a minor poiint but one would have thought that the lawn could have waited the 20-30 minutes it took for the ceremony to be over.
2. As we were married in April there were a number of flower boxes around the grounds which were either empty or had the remainder of wilting flowers in them. Most of these could be moved for the photographs but at least one of them was secured onto the bridge, one of the photograph spots. Unfortunately it appears in a few photographs as it was not easy to hide. Again, a minor issue.
3. Although difficult it would also be very helpful if, again for the photographs, cars could be stopped from parking outside the front of the hotel at least until the photographs are finished. The hotel is lovely but again a few of our pictures with the hotel as a backdrop had two or more cars in it spoiling them slightly.

Don't get me wrong these are not complaints these are more minor points of note.

We would have no issues with highly recommending this hotel for anyones wedding. It was by far the best value for money given the level of service provided, compared to all the venues we looked at.

Dining at the hotel

We have dined at the hotel now on a number of ocassions, both lunch and dinner. The food and service was excellent and again it was good value for money.

The Staff

The staff are possibly the best advert for the hotel. They are polite, helpful and always provide a high standard of service. A standard I have not seen bettered in any hotel I have been in.

In Summary

The hotel is well located in a quiet location just outside Perth. The facilities, food and staff are all of a very high standard.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone for a wedding a short stay or even just for lunch.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnC_6877
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just want to say a huge 'thanks' to the staff at Huntingtower for making my stay so pleasurable.
Despite travelling on my own, I was delighted to be given a spaceous double room and a very large, well fitted bathroom, all mod cons, perfect for my stay.I booked dinner in the restaurant and although it was a very busy Friday night, the staff were extremely attentive and were able to deal with my special dining request. I was given a lovely corner table where I felt comfortable as a lone diner and the waiting staff gave me execellent service. I travel a lot on my own and I have to comend the effort all of the staff made for me - not something I find in every hotel!
Plenty of choice for breakfast. Smoked haddock was great, but poached egg was a little ragged.
Would definitely return if I am in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank travelsimeon

Thank you for your lovely comment, I am glad to hear that you had a enjoyable stay and that you would return to the hotel. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here for the first time last week although have eaten in the restaurant/bar and attended workshops etc here before. I found the quality of the bedroom and bathroom to be of a good standard - clean, comfy, water and plate of fruit provided.

Breakfast was of a decent standard and they have a very good selection of hot dishes - I had kippers!

Best bit was the staff - all very friendly and helpful.

I would recommend to anyone visiting Perth if you have a car as a wee bit out of the town.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perth
Sunbank House Hotel
#6 of 18 in Perth
Ballathie House Hotel
Ballathie House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Stanley

Been to Huntingtower Hotel? Share your experiences!