“Great place for a girl travelling on her own”
Review of Huntingtower Hotel

Huntingtower Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great place for a girl travelling on her own”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just want to say a huge 'thanks' to the staff at Huntingtower for making my stay so pleasurable.
Despite travelling on my own, I was delighted to be given a spaceous double room and a very large, well fitted bathroom, all mod cons, perfect for my stay.I booked dinner in the restaurant and although it was a very busy Friday night, the staff were extremely attentive and were able to deal with my special dining request. I was given a lovely corner table where I felt comfortable as a lone diner and the waiting staff gave me execellent service. I travel a lot on my own and I have to comend the effort all of the staff made for me - not something I find in every hotel!
Plenty of choice for breakfast. Smoked haddock was great, but poached egg was a little ragged.
Would definitely return if I am in the area again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank travelsimeon
JasonDoga, General Manager at Huntingtower Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for your lovely comment, I am glad to hear that you had a enjoyable stay and that you would return to the hotel. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Hebrew first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here for the first time last week although have eaten in the restaurant/bar and attended workshops etc here before. I found the quality of the bedroom and bathroom to be of a good standard - clean, comfy, water and plate of fruit provided.

Breakfast was of a decent standard and they have a very good selection of hot dishes - I had kippers!

Best bit was the staff - all very friendly and helpful.

I would recommend to anyone visiting Perth if you have a car as a wee bit out of the town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul S
perth United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived with friends for a Bar meal on Tuesday 23rd October at 7.00pm to find the hotel exceptionally busy with Diners and Residents and it was obvious the 3 staff on duty were running at full capacity, despite this the Duty Manageress Fiona Steve and Alan were courteous,efficient and endeavoured to ensure that everyone was happy with their services. We were particularly impressed with Fiona and hope that the Management appreciated the extreme pressure that their staff were under.Dedicated Staff like these are hard to find. We are regulars here and have noticed the turnover in Staff at Huntingtower. The food was of excellent quality our compliments to the chef. Our hope is that the Directors realise that Staff like these are very hard to find and replace .Mr.& Mrs McRobie,Betty and John.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment it is much appreciated. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience and will be sure to pass on your comments to the above mention staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We've stayed here for my 60th birthday, the room clean, good bed, very friendly and helpfull staff, 5 star food, romantic diningroom with real candlelight.
Beautiful location and not to far from Perth city centre.

The only minus is there is no shelf in the bathroom for your toiletries.

Shame we had to go back home, we've had a great week-end and good memories.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JasonDoga, General Manager at Huntingtower Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for posting this delightful comment. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will remember the Huntingtower Hotel when you think about your 60th Birthday.

I will ensure to pass on your comments to all staff concerned.

I hope to see you again in the future.
Dundee, Scotland
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Recently stayed here and have to say that this hotel exceeded my expectations on almost every level. Clean room, friendly and helpful staff, excellent food and a fabulous location, all at a very reasonable price. My only gripes are: no shelf to store your own toiletries in the bathroom (having to keep them in the bedroom and running back and forward isn't ideal), putting 2 single beds together to make a double doesn't work - it's really uncomfortable when you move and hit the annoying seams of both beds and although the massive flat screen tv was great, it dominated the desk/dressing table area - not ideal when you are trying to dry your hair and put on your make up and the mirror isn't directly in front of you. Minor quibbles? Maybe but, in my opinion, valid nonetheless. A little bit more thought for how the room is used is required. That's why I didn't give this hotel 5 stars. That said, it wouldn't put me off returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
kirkcaldy
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just stayed at the Huntingtower Hotel for the first time. What a great place. Staff were brilliant, food was excellent and the rooms were first class. Highly rate this hotel. We have family gatherings each year and this is the best hotel we have used. They could not be more accommodating and provided a lovely room for privacy where we were able to dine and enjoy the evening. We now intend to stay at this hotel in the future and would recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Our party stayed in different typres of room and all expressed themselves very satisfied with their...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely comment. I am pleased to hear that you are your family enjoyed yourself and that we are able to make your stay memorable.

I will make sure that your comments are passed on to the staff concerned.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel
north east scotland
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here with another couple for a Sunday night in October. Deal included afternoon tea dinner and breakfast - all for £89 per couple. We both had lovely spacious rooms with flat screen TV, large bed and seating area. Great bathroom with plenty of room for toiletries.
Hotel is set in wooded grounds and is very peaceful.
Food was delicious, well presented and obviously home made. Great choice at dinner and restaurant is stunning. Drinks prices very reasonable. Breakfast was served in the conservatory again good choice and very relaxing. Plenty of staff both at reception and in the bar and restaurant.
We are planning our next visit.