Huntingtower Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,037 results
All reviewslovely groundshunting towersunday nightthree coursesvenisonlovely hotelbar menucourse dinnerfirst classwedding venuelounge areaour room was spaciousthe ground floorquiet locationwedding receptionovernight stayboth mornings
Reviewed August 20, 2007

Great water pressure! So, shower was wonderful. Room was large - we stayed in Room 401 on the first floor.

Bed - OK for me. Hubby found uncomfortable - it appears that they were two twin beds attached together leaving a stiff section where they met.

Skeleton key to get into room. But, you can't just leave the room b/c the door won't lock automatically behind you - must turn and lock the door.

Grounds are lovely - baby ducks and nice stream right outside dining room. Staff was very friendly - gave numerous tips about local places to visit.

Dinner and breakfast were both nice. Breakfast consisted of cold cereals, fruit salad, yogurt and a couple of hot choices. Dinner was three course fixed menu and very tasty.

Staff willingly secured taxis and recommended dining options for our second night at the hotel.

Parking plentiful, free and on-site.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank otsthedog
Reviewed June 27, 2007

My daughter, two grandchildren and I arrived at the hotel rather late. The host had readied our room for the four of us and waited until we arrived. Great service. Room and breakfast were fine.
We appreciated the extra effort for service at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank June07
Reviewed May 19, 2007

I stayed at the hotel for one night on business and have no complaints to make (well just one minor one). Check in was smooth, the room was larger than I thought it would be, dinner was good as was breakfast and the wine and beers tasted nice. The only complaint I have was there was very poor mobile telephone reception (vodaphone). You could make contact with others but it was very broken on occassions. This is not the fault of the hotel mind you. Would I stay again, YES.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lossieglen
Reviewed April 19, 2007

One of our best hotel experiences ever! The friendly and attentive staff, beautifully maintained rooms and lounges, and homely atmosphere have me counting the days till I can return! Superb food is served in the gorgeous Oak Room restaurant, or the less formal conservatory. The hotel went out of their way to prepare specially marked menus identifying dishes suitable for my dairy intolerance, illustrating the exceptional personal service that seems to be their hallmark. The conservatory is great for watching the resident family of ducks gamboling about in the beautifully maintained gardens that surround the hotel. Two problems during our stay - a lack of hot water in the shower and a fault with the free WiFi offered in the hotel - were dealt with immediately and profuse apologies offered. Staff made a point of following up to ensure that the problems were fully resolved. Hotel staff have excellent local knowledge and go out of their way to help. The only downside is that it isn't ideal if you are travelling without a car. An hourly bus service to Crieff and Perth (Railway Station) is available on the main road (A85), about 10 minutes walk away, with a less regular local service passing nearby the Hotel. However we get there though, we hope to return soon!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Methven
Reviewed February 27, 2007

We stayed at the Huntingtower hotel for long weekend for a wedding. The hotel was lovely (far exceeded my expectations of a Best Western Hotel), the staff were great and the wedding reception was excellent. The hotel is in a lovely rural location on the outskirts of Perth, with beautifully maintained gardens. The breakfasts were lovely with a good selection of cooked and continental style food. We stayed in an Executive bedoom, which was a good size, however, some of the wedding guests felt that their bedrooms were a bit small. The only negative I would have was that the beds have sheets and blankets on them rather than duvets. With competition from hotels like the Marriott, where the beds are exceptionally comfortable, this Best Western hotel needs to update their bedding. That said, I would definately recommend this hotel and will stay there again when I return to Perth.

• Stayed: February 2007