“Nice enough” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Odesi

Odesi
Reserve with OpenTable
Odesi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 196 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: "Exploring a variety of culinary traditions".
Perth
“Nice enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a takeaway from Odesi. My first impression was a long one. It took them 40 minutes to prepare three main courses which to me is unacceptable. A few lifelines of hope were thrown with comments that it wouldn't be long. I appreciate my food cooked fresh but this was just too long.

Interestingly for it being so freshly prepared by the time we got home >5 mins it was pretty much cold.

All that was a pity because the food was actually very good. Very tasty Dopiazza with real chicken not the gloopy chunks you so often come across. Lamb was particularly good. Tender and moist. Nan was soft and fluffy. Rice was ok but over coloured.

We will try it again but I'll be phoning my order ahead of my arrival.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Erzil

Perth, United Kingdom
“Best Indian food in perth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

This is quite a small restaurant but well priced and serves the tastiest Indian food in perth -I have visited a few times and always been welcomed by attentive staff Starter portions can be generous, the variety of mains is good The owner is open minded and willing to try unusual new things eg chocolate bits in nan bread which the kids enjoyed They are also happy to accommodate individual preferences eg spice ingredients . I don't like curries that arrive swimming in ghee and find Odesi curries are drier than most so that suits my taste. The set meal for two carry out is good value, even if the restaurant is quiet mid week the carry out business seems to do well

“Best Indian in Perth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Tried nearly all the curry houses in the 3 years we lived here, and Odesi comes out top. Friendly staff, fresh food, cosy restaurant. Nothing tastes like it was microwaved from frozen, unlike it's competitors.

Visited November 2012
“Let Down....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Me and my partner used to use ODesi quite often as a take-away every other Saturday night. We've used them for about 2 years now and recommend them to our family and friends for their excellent food and good service.

We have moved further away from Perth but still use them even though we did have cheaper options because of their good deals and good food, but unfortunately we have been very let down by them.

We ordered our usual take-away, the set meal for 1, tandoori style extra £2 but still a good deal and plenty of food for 2 people, and it turned up half an hour early than asked, Not a problem for us as we can just keep it warm, but 2 of the items included were missing. My partner phoned up to let the restaurant know but was fobbed off with the excuse that they had been having problems with the just-eat website and it had been quoting items that weren't supposed to be included with the meal. Strange as this had never been the case before but we thought they must have updated their menus and prices.

But when we checked the Odesi website, this only confirmed the same deal with the prices as the just-eat website. So I phoned back and was put through to the manager, I informed him of the situation and confessed we felt a bit cheated as it confirmed on his website what was suppose to be included with the meal and we were just being told that it was wrong even though we had already paid for this.

Unfortunately the manager again just fobbed me off, telling me that they were having problems with the just-eat website and failed to listen to the fact that it was his website that was confirming these deals and prices and kept telling me that I was wrong, He then took my phone number and said he'd phone me back..... still waiting his call.

We feel this is a great shame cause up till then, it had been good service and their food is also very good but after the way we were treated we wont be using them again. There are many other Indian restaurants and take-away's in Perth that would surely love some curry fans.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Emma B
Perth, United Kingdom
“The default curry house in Perth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Staff are awesome here - always happy to help and accommodate your requirements.
I have tried various dishes, but always go back to the saag paneer - I have yet to find a better one in the various places I've been across the country.

Visited October 2012