“Great value, friendly service.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Summers - CLOSED

Summers
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Open from 9am-Late 7 days, Summers is Family owned and serves Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, High Tea and Pre Theatre. We pride ourselves on offering hearty Scottish fare in comfortable surroundings with efficent and friendly service.
South Lanarkshire
“Great value, friendly service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had lunch here on Sunday. We arrived just after half eleven and the whole menu including specials available to us. Sat in one of the booths. The service is excellent, I ordered the seafood pasta, was cooked to perfection. On two levels this place has laid back atmosphere but efficient service. Could not fault any of our meals. Good value also.

AlecJames S, Owner at Summers, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Suzanne001,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to Summers. It is excellent to read your comments regarding both food and service. I look forward to seeing you on the next occasion you pay a visit to Perth.

Aberdeen
“Tasty food and relaxed service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch on a gloriously sunny weekend. It was a real pleasure sitting outside and watching the world go by. The fact that we were not rushed to move on was much appreciated.

AlecJames S, Owner at Summers, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
AbClare,

Thank you very much for your review of Summers Restaurant. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, I hope we will see you again when you next visit Perth.

Alec Summers
“Beautiful food and lovely service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We regularly visit summers for birthday dinners and lunches out. The charming service is so lovely to see and makes the experience go the extra mile. Personally one of my favourite places to eat out, and the food is very obviously freshly prepared and cooked with local Scottish produce. Their cheesecakes of the day are amazing!
Well done guys! We will be back! :)

AlecJames S, Owner at Summers, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Charlie12233,

It is always excellent to see a 5 star review, and we hope we continue to deliver this level of experience for you on your visit's. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

“Melt-in-the-mouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We have had an extremely pleasant meal on this very hot evening. My duck, in particular, was absolutely melt-in-the-mouth.

AlecJames S, Owner at Summers, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
greennote,

Thank you for reviewing your visit to Summers, I was happy to see you had found your duck 'melt-in-the-mouth'. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Perth, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea not worth the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Used an itson voucher for an afternoon tea deal. The deal was £8 a 50% saving and even that was over priced.
The afternoon tea was 2 finger sandwiches a scone (which was scale) and bit of banana bread and a tiny strawberry tart.
This was just not value for money.
I would have complained about the scone but I felt I couldn't as the manager kept shouting at the 1 member of staff that was serving
I gave this place a second chance but never be back again as both times the manager has been shouting at staff and the food isn't that good

• 1 of 5 bubbles
AlecJames S, Owner at Summers, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Jill M,

I was dissapointed to read that you have not enjoyed your visit's to Summers and felt that our Afternoon tea was overpriced. Our scones are made daily and are an item that we have regularly received excellent feedback on, but i will certainly look into this.

I was also concerned that you believed staff were being 'shouted' at, having spoken to the staff on shift, I am satisfied that this is not the case as this is not something we would accept (or expect our guests to tolerate). I can only offer my sincerest apologises that you have found your visits unsatisfactory and will not be returning.