“Attentive Staff, Relaxed Atmosphere, Excellent Food”
Review of Summers - CLOSED

Summers
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open from 9am-Late 7 days, Summers is Family owned and serves Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, High Tea and Pre Theatre. We pride ourselves on offering hearty Scottish fare in comfortable surroundings with efficent and friendly service.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I went here for my nephews birthday (party of 10 adults). The kids foods was excellent and they enjoyed main and dessert. The adults went for a 3 course banquet which was superb. It's the only place I have eaten at for a while that made my steak exactly how I like it and the food quality was top notch. Would eat there again for sure!

AlecJames S, Owner at Summers, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Happycustomer124,

Firstly may I thank you for picking Summers as the venue for a special occasion, I am very happy to hear that all enjoyed there visit, and I hope when there is another event to celebrate that you return.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

everything about this restaurant is fabulous!! the food, the staff, the decor etc. i would definitely recommend the delicious cheesecake.

AlecJames S, Owner at Summers, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Jodynic,

Thanks for your excellent feedback pertaining to your visit, we hope to see you again sometime soon.

Alec

Reviewed January 7, 2013

On a recent short trip to Perth we happened upon this lovely restaurant and were most impressed - so much so that we didn't even bother trying to find somewhere else on our second evening - just went back for more ! We were greeted and seated promptly in a lovely booth and water was brought to the table. The food was delicious - mussels in cream & wine excellent and when extra bread was requested to mop up sauce it was provided instantly. My friend thought the smoked haddock tagliatelle was slightly too creamy but a minor quibble. The mash and vegetables served with my breaded veal were to die for and over the two evenings we enjoyed a couple of yummy desserts too - particulary good melt-in-the-mouth shortbread! The house red wine was fairly priced and tasty enough. Surprised to hear this restaurant has strugged for trade last year - the quality of food and service is very good and if I lived locally I would certainly be a regular visitor. Its the sort of place which shouldn't need to advertise - if you receive the same standards of food and service which we enjoyed you would want to eat there again and again. Well done, and keep up the good work. Special mention for the lady who served us on Friday evening - very efficient and friendly and a real asset to the place.

Tougal,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent visits to Summers. It was a pleasure to look after you on both evenings, I have passed on your special mention to Amanda who looked after you on Friday, and we hope when your next in Perth you will visit us again.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

1st try here today. What was really nice is that it was very spacious and quiet. No cramped tables here - some booths which i love and nice big tables. Service was swift. The soup was good but the apple pie wasn't great. My man enjoyed his scone but it.s a wee while since we.ve seen jam come in the little plastic packs. It was fine - robertson's i think - but somehow it seems nicer to have premium jam in a little pot! So, to sum up, i don.t feel the food is top notch quality as it is at reid's or gloagburn but it is a fine place to go for a decent bite and a private chat. It.s far too busy at reid's these days anyway!

AlecJames S, Owner at Summers, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

tabelmabel,

Thanks for taking time to post your review, it was excellent to see your feedback with regards to your soup, scone and the set-up of the restaurant. I would ask you to return and try some more options from our menu as I am confident you would find that the food is "top notch quality". I look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the forseeable future.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

On my third visit to this great find in Perth-I opted for the Lemon Sole special on the board. Wow-I can't stop thinking about it.
I remember (sadly) that Lemon Sole was plentiful in the 70's and 80's and since the price ascended like a rocket out of North Korea-I think it is fair to say many of us no longer partake in this great fish.
This was served grilled on a bed of mash with a peppercorn sauce-so again full marks for creativity. It was beautifully presented and a good size portion which was just as well as I could have ate it all day!! It really was a gastronomic explosion for the taste buds.
The restaurant has also had some new seating fitted since my last visit which is a great improvement and well done.
Service was as always attentive and it was good to see this place busy.
The place is kept very clean too-great toilets.
I look forward to my next visit-hope the Sole is on again-this should surely be voted onto the main menu!!

jg45jg,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review, it is always excellent to receive customer feedback. I am currently working on our new menu and I have noted your comment's with regards to the Lemon Sole, and next time you return it may well be appearing on our main menu.