“Fabulous service: will be back” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parklands

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Parklands
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Perth
London
“Fabulous service: will be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I arrived at the Parklands very late at night (11,40pm) to be met by the owner who, rather than shuffle me off to my room, offered me a glass of wine or cup of tea to make sure I was settled and comfortable. Breakfast is good and arrives quickly, the waiting staff are friendly and very efficient. The room is well-equipped: very good standard of hair dryer and iron and good choice of TV channels after a busy day working in the area. This is a 'very good' rather than 'excellent' review because I'd have loved tea and coffee making facilities in my room and for the toiletries to have been refreshed each day. The beds and pillows are super-comfortable and I look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Trainers1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dundee, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

First off the staff are very polite and helpful, untill we got to our room the heater in our room was broken so the room
was cold all night, not only do u hear other guests u also have the noise from the train tracks and finally after a long busy day I tried to watch some tv before bed only to find that it didnt work either :(

• Stayed February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife along with other family members recently stayed at The Parklands Hotel for a friends wedding, during the day we had the ceremony in a comfortable small room at the front of the hotel overlooking the gardens. When it came to the meal their was no faulting it the food was amazing and the service from all the staff and their manager Steven was impeccable. Their attention to every detail made our stay amazing and would not hesitate in staying here or dining here again.

Stayed January 2014
cumbernauld
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Had lovely overnight stay at parklands hotel, rooms v nice, clean, comfy and modern. Ate in bistro -food was amazing! You can understand why both restaurants had been given several awards. Part of our deal was champagne on arrival which was fab. Breakfast was also great. Staff very friendly and welcoming. The location is also very good for shops bars etc. The only negative point was that the lounge was a bit cold & that's me prob being picky. Would recommend and hopefully we will return.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Irvine, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have never before rated a hotel on line far less slated one, it's not "my thing" or wasn't until now.

I have travelled extensively on business for over 30 years and have stayed in worse hotels but the thing about the Parklands is that it could and should be a much better hotel .
My room was clean and fairly well appointed but that's about it. The hotel is a Victorian mansion and one would given it's age' expect the odd creak and squeak, however the floor of the room above mine was threatening to join me in bed . So 1hrs sleep if I was lucky. I can only presume the upper room was booked out to a marching band or a large elderly gent with prostrate problems. On the plus side as I was awake the noise from the fan heater supplied as a heating boost and utilised all night as it was "freezing" was not intrusive.

As the hotel is not situated centrally I decided having checked the menu provided in the room to eat in one of the hotels much lauded restaurants. Would love to report I had the dining experience suggested by their web site but sadly no. Firstly one restaurant closed, in room menu not the same as that provided in restaurant (had I known this I would have arranged to eat elsewhere) . Starter -black pudding poached egg etc what could go wrong? well I thought a soft egg was a must but apparently not seemingly at the Parkland it comes with a cold hard egg. Main course- Ribeye steak with hand cut chips etc in reality half steak half fat and tepid at best chips were a few potatoes quartered and presumably oven cooked, on the side a mushroom a slice of tomato and a lump of onions which were cold wet and limp. Sweet - just gave up and went to bed . Did consider ordering a sandwich from room service but good sense prevailed.

After a long long hungry night I was looking forward to breakfast. We all look forward to that full hotel breakfast don't we. Well don't cold undercooked egg(not eggs as per menu)1 overcooked sausage one potato scone (mushrooms and tomato were also available) and to complete the meal that sets you up for the day two slices of thick salty shoe leather masquerading as bacon.

Then it comes at check out - "THE QUESTION" did you enjoy your stay sir was everything ok?
To which I usually say yes fine , because it is or the rate is low and what can you expect . I however on this occaision stupidly mentioned all of the above only to have what I presume was the owner summoned not to deal with a customers concerns but to dismiss all my concerns out of hand ( just a touch of Basil ) he was as the hotels supports somewhat delusional. I was not I stress angling for a refund but simply telling how it was. I always presumed that the "Question" was asked in order to improve the customer experience and not to bolster the owners delusions.

This hotel excels at two things it hires good staff who were pleasant polite and friendly and it builds a good web page (although not exactly representative). With some attention to detail and acceptance of its problems this hotel could improve and meet the expectations it presently generates.

However as it is I feel as if I've been mugged.

Room Tip: The rooms are fine just have them move it to another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank RONALD G
Irvine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent position, straight across from the station and about 10 min walk to the town. It has recently been done up and decor throughout is contemporary and smart.

We stayed on a DBB basis. The room was clean, lovely and well appointed with freesat television, plenty of storage, bathroom with shower and bath and large windows which made it light and airy. There was even an umbrella that you could borrow if it rained. One strange thing is the tea and coffee is hidden in a bedside cabinet so difficult to find unless you are the kind of person that opens EVERY cupboard and drawer. However the room was very cold when we checked in and first thing in the morning with the radiators on timers, which is why this stay was almost perfect.

Dinner and breakfast were very good with plenty of choice at both meals. My boyfriend is a vegetarian and sometimes it is difficult to find decent food for him but no issues here. The staff were fantastic and very helpful. Local produce was used as well which I for one appreciate.

We would definitely go back.......but maybe when it's a bit warmer outside.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jackiemcc71
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a few times a few years ago on business and it was lovely then. Now a few years later returning for a wedding with my partner last weekend for 3 nights we had a wonderful time in this great hotel. We booked a superior room and it was large and well equipped. The room had recently been refurbished in a contemporary style,as had all the public areas. There is a lovely warm and welcoming bar with a fireplace and we enjoyed diner at 63 Tay street on the Friday and in the Hotel bistro on the Sunday evening, on both occasions the food was superb. Staff were friendly and helpful, some recognising me from my previous visits. For a boutique style place with a warm welcome and great food it is hard to beat. My only niggle would be that I food the room a bit to warm but this was rectified by opening the window!

• Stayed December 2013