Tripadvisor
Perth

“Had been a while and was still fab!”

Gloagburn Farm Shop and Cafe
Ranked #38 of 249 Restaurants in Perth
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Used to come here as a child a lot and hadn’t been for a while as I come to the area less. However, came for a visit and wow, still just as good! (The shop is huge now as well!) food was really tasty, just like I remember it with a lovely wee side salad - love the beetroot and seeds on the salad. Always worth a stop if you’re in the area.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank AberdeenLassAlways
Write a reviewReviews (823)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have visited this farm shop and restaurant over many years and witched it expand into a major attraction so a Sunday lunch visit seemed in order. The food there was always straightforward and tasty with a good choice and the farm shop excellent in terms of produce and other stuff.
Our last visit was a disappointment. The food was still tasty but overpriced and the service was very poor. We waited what seemed an age for our order to be taken and another for our pretty minimal dishes to be served. When they were mine had to go back because of a food hygiene issue and though the soup returned the bread that was supposed to accompany it never made it back to the table.
The staff were, as always, friendly and pleasant but though it seemed well staffed there were plainly management issues as we were not the only ones looking at our watches and iPhones as time ticked by.
We were not charged for the soup but the experience was not great and it would take quite a lot for us to return.
I hope the waiting issues are resolved and the service improved as it would be a shame not to return there.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Food and shop are very nice but I have always felt that the portions are too small and I've visited here quite a few time in the last few years. I never feel satisfied when I go here and I'm not a massive portion person - need to up the portion sizes.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Good but very overpriced.
People on holiday appear to love it,
Friendly, good food, efficient staff but prices are to high.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed January 2, 2020

It is well worth the short detour from the A9 to visit Gloagburn. There is excellent simple home made food served by nice friendly waitresses. The shop has a huge array of gifts and food products and is a great showcase for Scotland

Date of visit: December 2019