“Absolutely Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Italia

Grand Italia
Ranked #7 of 196 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Batley, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Came here with two work colleagues for a meal after a long day.

Immediately greeted by a waitress with a smiley and welcoming manner, seated us immediately.

We had a beer each as well as a bottle of white wine.

Olives and bread and oils whilst ordering

Good choice of hot and cold starters, but we opted for smoked salmon, scallops and gamberoni

Excellent choice of main dishes, and we had a Calzone, Fillet steak and chicken with asparagus

Food, staff, service, environment all excellent.

Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

“Chefs Night Off?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

As regulars at Grand Italia, our expectations are always very high. We ate here last Tuesday. The service was impeccable as usual. My starter of smoked salmon with rocket was lovely, but one very small detail on the plate, which I've ordered before, had me thinking the usual chef was on a night off! The steaks here are fabulous so I looked forward to the rare fillet I'd ordered. Unfortunately, when I cut into my steak, it was not warmed right through. I did send it back and the waiter could not have been more apologetic stating that the steak was very large and they'd mis-timed it. Having said that, they recovered the situation extremely well and the steak when it returned could not have been more tasty and succulent. My husband was completely satisfied with his meal.

Scotland
“Great food, great wine and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

My partner and I are regular evening dinner goers at Grand Italia but this week, we decided to pop in for a lunch. Rather than our usual traditional Italian pasta or pizza, we opted for the fillet steak. Cooked to perfection and up there with the best steaks we've ever eaten. So good that we toyed with going back in for dinner the same night and having more of the same! Warm welcome from the owner and a lovely cosy atmosphere with Italian radio quietly playing in the background. Great food, great wine and great service - you couldn't ask for more.

Perth, United Kingdom
“The best place to eat in Perth?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been here on various occasions and on each and every time am bowled over with the place.
Firstly, I would recommend booking.

I've been there with my wife and young child and and the staff have been most accommodating to the demands of a 2yr old!
On other visits, it was with work colleagues and Mario (owner) was most helpful in helping us chose wines to go with the meal, from relatively cheap to hugely expensive (Super Tuscans) - and no pressure to pick the most expensive bottle.

Above all, the food is a delight. Pizzas, pasta, steak, fish - I have yet to hear anyone NOT ENJOY what was bought out to them on the plate.

My favourite is penne picante, but I had to get through most of the menu to decide this. And if they removed this, I would happily go through the menu again!!

A must if you are looking for a friendly place to eat with a great atmosphere and wonderful food. Just make sure you book to avoid disappointment!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Meeten
“Not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

As a keen cook and lover of Italian food, I have been very disappointed during both of my trips to Grand Italia. the seafood doesn't taste fresh, the meat was tough and the pasta was very ordinary. I think that the quality of food should be better than what I cook myself at home - not the case here! I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone who loves Italy or Italian food.

Visited November 2012