Best Western Queens Hotel
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsleisure facilitiessteam roomswimming pooltrouser pressbus stationcity centrebit datedwaiting stafftop floorsqueaky floorboardshotel staffan upgradebooked this hoteltwo night stayold buildingweekend breakdouble room
Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a night we had at this hotel. Brilliant service. They let us in to set up and helped where they could. They waited for us to do our speeches and presentations etc. and then they served our meal. Which was about an hour later than expected. This wasn't a problem for the guys at the Queens. After this the DJ took over and gave us a fantastic night with brilliant music and even had YouTube videos to show the Canadian contingent how to do the Scottish dancing. What a great idea, and it wasn't only the Canadians who needed it! The staff at the Queens were just great. Couldn't fault them at all. I got their names and wish I had written them down to give them individual praise on here but foolish me thought my memory would last this long. Sorry guys but many, many thanks for a great and memorable time.

Room Tip: Didn't use the bedrooms. This was a family function.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TheBrannigans
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Brannigans
I am so glad your evening went well. Your thanks have been passed on to all the staff involved, from what I hear it was a great night and I think they all enjoyed themselves too. You all made it such a fun night.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

After being booked out from the Mercure I ended up here at the Queens. Greeted by lovely staff on reception who couldn't be faulted. I had been upgraded to room 502 which was massive and roomy but stuck in 1974! Best Western really need to invest in stock and pest control (see attached photo). Was too tired and angry with my Perth trip to complain anymore and the staff had been nice here. When you book a double room you don't expect the 2nd guest to be there already!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Paulcl99

I am sorry you were not alone on your stay with us, but I'm sure you can appreciate with windows open during the hot weather that the occasionally beastie is likely to appear. The room has been checked and there is certainly no sign of anymore. I hope that the staff however made you feel welcome and made up for your inconvenience during your visit to Perth.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was booked to the hotel by a third party without any knowledge except for it being Great Western, which promised certain quality. Well, what could I say, the only good thing was a pint of fresh lager in the hotel pub. Honestly. Room 404 smelled chlorine and dump, as soon as closed windows I could not breath or sleep (plus I have asthma, which did not help.) all stuff very old. I mean - very. Toilet makes noise the whole night. pillow and duvet smelled too.. could not wait till morning to compensate with breakfast. No chance. Watery scrumbled eggs, repulsive looking cheese, not cooked porridge. When I left it all on the table, no one asked what was wrong with it. Very disappointed(((

Room Tip: stay away please
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank stimarina
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear stimarina

I am sorry to hear you were so disappointed with your stay but appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. It's always good to hear feedback from our guests good or bad.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here overnight after going to the Rewind 80's Music Festival (I don't do camping!!). We booked this hotel in March and got the VERY LAST room in the whole of Perth, unfortunately it was a twin but we took it due to its close location to the festival.

On our arrival the receptionist was really friendly and I jokingly asked if anyone had cancelled so we could have a double room - after a few minutes checking she found that two guys had wanted a twin room so she swapped us over and hey presto - fantastic double room was made available and everyone was happy!!

The room was spotlessly clean - compact but very comfortable!! Slept like a baby on our return later that night. Great choice for breakfast - waitress service for hot food (arrived really quickly after ordering), self service to cereals, juice, pastries, etc.

Cannot fault this hotel - my partner and I are already planning another weekend here as there's lots to do in Perth and we ran out of time! The hotel is fairly central and a 5-10 minute walk to shops/pubs/restaurants etc.

My only teensy wee gripe was the hotel charged DOUBLE the going rate for the Rewind Festival weekend - but every hotel in Perth did the same so can't really blame them. Certainly wouldn't hesitate in staying here again though, it was a really enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear galabird

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you also enjoyed the festival. I double checked with our reservation manager with regards to the rates, and yes that weekend is one of our premium rate nights and we don't offer any of our usual break rates on these nights, but she did mention that a lot of the other hotels were demanding a 2 night minimum stay which we chose not to do, we appreciate that it's not always possible for guests to do this so we are more than happy to offer a 1 night only stay.
I do hope that we do see you again for a short break sometime in the future and can hopefully be able to offer you a better deal.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Queens is a good all round hotel.
The room was on the small side and a bit dated decor-wise but clean and comfy with all the expected accessories, hair dryer etc.
Breakfast was very good, selection and quality.
The hotel is a short walk from the railway station, South Inch and the town center. It has a tight but adequate sized car park - we always found a space.
Unfortunately we did not have enough time to use the pool so we cannot comment (but it had one!).
A hotel close to the town center with a pool for a very reasonable price has to be considered - we would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear V8Racer

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. Hopefully you will get a chance to check out our Lesire Facilities on your next visit.