Best Western Queens Hotel
$72
$119
Holiday Inn Express Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$96
Travelocity
Parklands(Perth)
$78
$96
Clark Kimberley Guest House(Perth)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
$62
PremierInn.com
$71
  • Restaurant
All reviewsleisure facilitiessteam roomswimming pooltrouser pressbus stationcity centrebit datedwaiting stafftop floorsqueaky floorboardsan upgradehotel staffbooked this hoteltwo night stayold buildingweekend breakdouble room
Reviewed April 9, 2013

From the first step into the Queen', you are assured a wonderful, cheery welcome. Staff have to be commended as nothing is too much problem. Food delicious and competitive pricing. Hotel rooms need a wee bit of TLC, but great value for the overall experience. Staff are to congratulated about the service they provide to young and old, including hosting our RAFA Conference each year. I will certainly book to stay in the Queen's out with the Conference this year.

Room Tip: Go for rooms 3rdfloor upwards, no noise at all.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear monkeymum10

Thank you taking the time to review your recent stay. Here at the hotel we also enjoy the RAFA conference weekend, it's a pleasure. Thank you for complimenting our staff, we are extremely proud of them. And of course it would be lovely to see you back at the hotel before next years conference,

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed hear over the Easter weekend, arriving on March 28th and leaving on Easter Sunday. It's ideally located within a couple of minutes walk of the city centre. The train station is literally a stones throw away and visable from the hotel and the bus station is right next door yet there was absolutely no noise from either. There is a car park which isn't huge but we always found a parking space. It has a licensed bar which I didn't use so can't comment on. I only had one issue with the room; the cold water tap needed a new washer. I notcied it late at night, reported it and it was resolved the next day.

We were able to check in early at mid day despite the web site advising of a 4pm check in time.

The staff were all friendly and helpful and I particulalry liked the spa facilities which appear well used by the locals as well as hotel guests. There was always someone using the facilities but it was never crowded. The gym might not be large enough for the dedicated fitness fanatic but it's sufficiently well equiped for the more casual and laid back users. The pool is large given it's location within a hotel but obviously smaller in comparison to municipal swimming pools. There is also a steam room, sauna and jacuzzi or spa pool and all very clean and well maintained. Unusually, in my experience, there was free use of lockers and towels.

The rooms weren't the biggest but were big enough and lovely and warm despite the freezing temperatures outside. Perhaps surprisingly there was a lot of storage space. The decor was fresh and modern and there was a decent sized wide screen TV carrying freeview chanels. The bed was very comfortable and the tea tray included short bread biscuits that were replenished daily. There was a bath and a shower and the all of the toiletries were replenished daily.

My only criticism would be the price of the food. The breakfast was £7.50 if pre booked otherwise £12. £11 for Steak and Ale Pie, £12 for fish and chips might not be extortionate but I found much better value for money at restaurant's in the city.

The best thing about the Queens is the value for money. At £55 per night for a double room, it's not the most inexpensive of hotels by any means but given what it has to offer it's well worth it and I'll definitely choose this hotel again if staying over in Perth.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear arabchris225

Thank you for your review after your recent stay with us at the Best Western Queens Hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and do look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

booked this last minute as a stop on route to aberdeen.Decor a bit dated but on the whole enjoyed our stay.did not have dinner in hotel but breakfast was very good and staff were all pleasant and friendly.The pool area was much better than we expected and in fact better than the 4 star hilton in aberdeen.It could get noisy in the corridor outside the room but we were next to the lift which didn't help.The room itself was clean and the bed very comfortable.Overall pleased and good value for money.quite fancy going back to one of there tribute nights

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear angelac32

Thank you for taking the time to leave your recent review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your short stay with us. We do have a theme night planned at the end of the month and another one in November, we'd love you to come back. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for details.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Dined here on Good Friday. After reading some of the reviews was not expecting much. What a surprise. We were welcomed by the smiling receptionist and greeted upstairs by the waitress who showed us to a table by the window in the lovely dining room. The meal was faultless, from the starters of mussells and haggis in filo pastry with plum sauce followed by delicious steak pie and rack of lamb with mash potatoes with black pudding. Absolutely delicious. My partner and I eat out every week and this meal as amongst the best. Througout the meal the waitress was extremely attentive and always smiling.

After our experience I woul strongly recommend giving this a try.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vicpayne
MikeSheff, Owner at Best Western Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear vicpayne

Thank you for your review, I am very glad you chose to dine with us especially as you were wary with regards to previous reviews. Unfortunately it is often the way that people let us know when they are not happy and very few who like yourself who take the time to let us know when we get it right. I do hope that you come back again, today we are implementing a new menu and it would be nice to get your feedback on it.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Quite dated decor. Not a bad swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi however. Morning breakfast was fine. Poor reviews put me off eating an evening meal however. Most annoying wifi service I have every encountered-every time is elected forward or back I kept getting dragged to their website, highly annoying.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Allan C

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. My apologies with regards to the wifi, this is something that has recently been brought to my attention and are looking into a solution to fix this problem.
I'm sorry that previous comments deterred you from trying our menu for yourself, we have many guests who enjoy eating during their stay it's just unfortunate that they don't all take the time to share their experience. Actually our kitchen team have been busy working on new menus which we are implementing today, hopefully if you come back to visit again you might give it a try.