Mercure Perth Hotel
  • Restaurant
$119
Priceline
1,034 results
All reviewsold millwater millwater wheelwater flowingcentral locationweekend breakreception staffbuffet breakfastbit datedevening mealreception areatown centrewatermill
Reviewed August 6, 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed 04/08/14 Room 14. If you think your staying in a room as they appear on the website your in for a shock. Room very tiny very outdated, stain on carpet where radiator had leaked, poor ventilation, no ventilation in bathroom. This was the noisiest room I have ever stayed in due the floor boards in the room above and corridor, so noisy awake at 0430 having booked for 3 nights by 800 I had phoned and booked 2 nights in holiday inn express where rooms are twice the size. Breakfast is on until 930 got there at 900 to be told hot buffet had been cleared away but we could order. Full English came out as dry as old leather to mouthfuls and left. Loaded up car went to check out explained the noise to be asked let us change rooms, explained already loaded car and it was first impressions and it ruined the stay. Must say all staff were excellent on front desk. Will not stay again

Room Tip: Do not have Room 14, I would choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Goody073

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have taken on board all of your comments regarding the noise in your room and your Breakfast experience and shall certainly address them without delay.

I was pleased that you found the staff to be excellent and I really hope that we can welcome you back in the future and improve upon that all important 'first impression' for you.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel looks great, even entrance, lobby, bar and (a little hidden) garden ar very nice. The rooms are well - average..... very hot in summer, definitly not too big, and not overloaded with anything. All is very very functional and clean without doubt - but not what would I would call a room where you stay with pleasure.
Breakfast is ok - when you find something at the buffet... was there on different times, and always you had to wait for or eggs, or bacon, or sausages, or bread..... quality was really good, but organisation was a desaster!
Never tried the restaurant.
Bar is not always manned, just a sign "Please ask at reception", sometimes we asked at the reception (which is vice versa) and did wait 10 minutes to get a coffee....

It's ok for a one nigth business stay, but I won't stay there for several days.. especially at the prices they charge!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrea_Caminneci

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us and I shall certainly take on board your comments regarding Breakfast and service at the Bar.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Our double room for 1 night plus additional breakfast came to £125. Never again will I pay this to stay at this hotel. The rooms certainly did not justify the money. Our breakfast arrived and there was 2 cocktail size Cumberland Sausages, 1 rasher of bacon, dry scrambled eggs, no mushrooms, a teaspoon portion of beans and a slice of dried out haggis, yuck! I am very disappointed about our stay at Mercure Hotel and will certainly not be back

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FtLkee
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us or feel a sense of 'value for money'. I have passed your comments on to the Chef so that he may address your feedback regarding Breakfast with his team, so thank you for letting me know.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, where we may have the opportunity to restore your faith in the service and facilities we offer.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We arrived on Friday afternoon, parking in the secure car park over the road from the main entrance (you need a code to get out from reception) i booked the hotel by phone four week prior to our visit..room 133 over looks the main entrance, but is still quiet.clean comfortable,as mercure always is.. It's very central for the centre, as in the evening we decided to go on a bit of a pub crawl, Perth isn't exactly full of people, but those around were very friendly, and we simply followed them around...the Auld Hoose is worth a visit..After a bit of a lie in, we arrived for breakfast at 9.30, and had to wait for fresh bacon, beans to be cooked. but it was ok as breakfasts go..we could have had porridge or kippers, but opted for traditional..all in all and average visit, the only down side, is I was quoted £85 and ended up having to pay "£125 as I didn't pay in full at the time of booking.....a lesson learned

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us and had the time to wander Perth and take in some of the local atmosphere. It really is a lovely city to visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.