“GOOD VALUE” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“GOOD VALUE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Spent 2 nights weekend break and really enjoyed it. Large room and bed. Ok-Bedroom furniture a bit tired however no compaints in view of price. Friendly staff, good breakfast and free parking. Would use again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be great value for the price paid! The team will be delighted you found them to be lovely and friendly and I shall pass your comments regarding how good your Breakfast was, on to the Chef! The FREE parking is a great bonus in the city centre location that we enjoy and I am pleased you were able to take advantage of it...

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Karen A. Johnston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Carlisle, Cumbria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have to stress that the problem we had was not with the staff, we found the staff to be very friendly and welcoming, and we were very impressed considering they surely know the state of some of the rooms.

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. We had what must have been the most basic of rooms, and very tired and run down. It was like a throwback to the 80's. Bathroom pokey with a fan that didn't work. Very tatty wallpaper. Dated and bashed furniture. The carpet looked like it was laid in 1978 and had the burn marks in it to prove it. I wish I could say the bed made up for it but that had springs that dug in me all night. I'm sure this is the fault of the hotel chain rather than the hotel itself - Mercure need to modernise ALL their hotels, not just a few of them. If I could rate the staff alone I'd give them 5/5, they are the only saving grace here.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a superior room as I believe these are a lot better.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank cathandpete
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you found the staff to be so friendly and welcoming. I do receive such lovely feedback about my team and I am extremely proud of the great customer service that we consistently offer.

I am sorry that you had some concerns around the 'tired' state of some areas in the hotel. We are currently undergoing a full redecoration and upgrading program and I am sure that we will alleviate any of your concerns around this in due course.

I would really love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so that we may have the opportunity to restore your faith in the facilities that we offer.

Karen A. Johnston

Travelers are raving about these Perth hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Not impressed with the rooms, food or service. Arrived at the hotel late after working and was checked in by somebody who didn't bother asking if I wanted to set a tab up for any expenses, or bother telling me at what time & where breakfast was or informing me about the code for the wifi.
My room was less than impressive, I had to hunt high and low for a socket to plug the kettle in.
The bathroom had mould on the ceiling and the towel provided in the bathroom had a really bad stale smell. I had to use the extra towel in the cupboard & that was stained.It was just all a bit tired and miserable.
I ordered a Panini from room service which was barely edible, although the young woman who brought it was lovely.
Breakfast was a really depressing affair, Probably one of the poorest selections I've ever encountered. It was sparse & uninviting lots of the items which the menu describes as being included in the buffet were lacking and when I enquired about this I was told that the "delivery hadn't turned up" .This didn't stop them charging the full amount though!! The quality of the food was not good, I have had a lot better in Premier Inns (and paid less).
When I checked out the woman on reception didn't even have the basic courtesy to say thank you as I left.
I would not stay in this hotel again & I would not recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lindsay H
Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

Please accept my apologies for any shortfalls in service you have experienced. I would be really grateful if we could discuss these issues on a more direct level, so please would you mind contacting me at the hotel at your earliest convenience?

In the meantime, we shall take all of your comments on board and carry out any necessary refresher training with the team as required.

I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We spent one night at the Mercure and were not impressed with either the room or service. We upgraded to a superior room and were surprised as we've stayed in better airport hotels in standard rooms.
When we got to the room we had to request towels and dressing gowns. They did arrive quickly, but the member of staff did try to convince us that we had the towels in the bathroom, until they checked.
When we checked-in we asked about eating in the hotel. We were advised they were doing a buffet that evening, but the Reception Staff could not tell us how much it was. At 18.30 I went down to the restaurant to see what the buffet was like. It didn't look very appealing, but I asked a member of staff how much it was. To my surprise, nobody could tell me how much it was. We didn't eat in the hotel after that.
We had a late check-out the following day (14.00) and decided to watch a film as it was raining. Midway through the film it stopped raining and we decided to go for a walk. We arrived back at 12.30 and made our way back to our room to find the key card was not working. All the way back to reception to have the card re programmed. We thought we would watch the end of the film before we left, and yes, we no longer had access to the films. We did not complain as we could not be bothered with the hassle.
All in all not a good experience, and we would not recommend the Mercure to any of our friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I was really disappointed that you did not have a 'hassle-free' stay with us and I am sorry for the issues that you encountered. I have shared your feedback with the team so that we may learn from your experiences and to ensure there is no repeat of this for other guests.

I would really love to welcome you back to the hotel some time, and restore your faith in the service and facilities we offer. If you do choose to return, please don't hesitate to contact me directly so that I can look after your booking myself.

Thank you again for all your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic night in hotel lounge last night.
Really nice surroundings particularly the water features.
Excellent singing duo Collins and Johnson kept us entertained with beautiful singing which included old classics and modern show tunes
Would recommend this place to anyone although they may want to reduce the bar prices if they want more custom especially as it is so close to other bars in town.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I am delighted you had a great night with us and I shall pass on your comments to Collins and Johnson who play regularly in the hotel lounge. I agree they have the music mix just right and we receive such great feedback about the atmosphere they create each time they play.

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding the bar prices and I shall certainly take this in to consideration at the next pricing review.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

we stayed with family for a party for two nights . lovely hotel. staff fab. !! breakfast really filling. only falt was heating hotel rooms really hot .nit explained when check.in.that you can.turn.off so first morning felt awfull waking up to a over hot room. but beds are sooo lovely . would stay again

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Perth hotel.

I am delighted you had a great stay with us and found the staff to be 'fab!' and the beds lovely and comfortable.

I look foward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.