“Nice Hotel”

Mercure Perth Hotel
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Perth
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Hotel nice, staff very friendly, great location. Booked a ready to visit package so got a good deal although never received a free gift as stated. Would stay at this hotel again if i was in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank DSinclair
, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will pass on your comments to all team members which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I have noted your comment relating the gift and this is an area which I will look into in detail as to ensure that we don’t disappoint any of our clients. Please accept my apologies.

I hope we will be in a position to welcome you back to the Mercure Perth in the near future. Please contact me directly once you have a date in mind as I would welcome the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.

Chris Charalambous

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My wife and I were guests at the Hotel from Thursday 28th June until Sunday 1st July.

I felt that I had to drop you a brief e mail to compliment the Hotel for a most enjoyable stay …pity the Game Fair was cancelled but such is life and the weather not to mention the loss of revenue for all the businesses in Perth.

This disappointment did not prevent any thought of an early departure.

One member of your staff I feel deserves recognition for his personality, helpfulness and most pleasant and friendly approach to ALL guests was the young man serving and looking after the bar during the early evening .

I tried several times to catch his name from his ID badge and the best I could see was Matchy or Marky ?

Please pass on my thanks to Matchy [and forgive me if I have got that wrong] ………………… if we are as quick to criticize we should be equally quick to say thank you !

So thank you Mecure Hotel Perth

2 Thank PAUL B

Matchy is a young and upcoming individual with a lot of potential and I will not only pass your comments to him but I will also reward him for his exceptional service and customer care.

scotland
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Spent a relaxing weekend here.
Situated in the middle of the city but still quiet.
Rooms small but clean & comfortable.
Staff polite & helpfull & & food is reasonably priced, & cooked, & presented tp a good standard.
All in all a nice place for a short break.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank foreverblue
, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Thank you for the lovely comments which I have passed on to the team of the hotel. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

When you have the date of your next trip please contact me directly as I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Looking forward to meeting you in the near future.

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and i stayed at the Mercure Hotel in Perth last weekend. It was for a Black Watch reunion and i have to say we were very impressed. The location is great very central for everything. The hotel is an old water mill and has some unusual features like the river running under glass tables in the lounge and also through reception. the rooms are very clean and comfortable and the staff are helpfull friendly and polite. The breakfast has everything you could wish for and is on till 12 on a sunday so there is no rush to get up early as check out time on sunday is 2pm so after breakfast we sat in the lounge reading the sunday papers it was very relaxing. We will defanetly be staying there agian in the future great value for money .Rerards Linda & Ian Kilgour

Room Tip: Although there is no lift rooms on the top floor at the back are more quitet as the rooms are very h...
2 Thank lindak856
, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Mr and Mrs Kilgour

Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Mercure Perth for a weekend break. The hotel is centrally located with shops, pubs, restaurants and the theatre all within easy walking distance. There is limited parking in the hotel forecourt, but ample parking is also available just across the road. Check in was straightforward and efficient. We discovered that the toilet in the room we had been allocated didn't flush and we reported that to reception on our way out to lunch. When we got back we found that we had been allocated a different room and that staff had moved our bag to that room for us - excellent service!

The room was fairly typical and had the usual flat screen TV with various media options. There was also a hair dryer and coffee making facilities. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. One slight criticism is a lack of electrical plug sockets in our room. We had to unplug either the lamp or tv to use a plug and if using the hair dryer, the plug is situated low to the floor, so you can't actually see in the mirror. Our room was an attic one, so that situation may not exist in other room types.The bathroom was also clean and had a shower and bath combined.

The public areas of the hotel are very nice. The building was an old water mill I think, and the original mill stream still runs under the building. There are various glass-covered panels where you can see down to the stream below and some nice features in the bar area where you can sit around glass topped tables and see the water running below.

Staff are very helpful and friendly. I forgot my mobile phone when I was leaving and by the time I got home I'd received a message from the hotel to contact them and arrange collection.

You can either eat in the bar or in the restaurant. Both are good and not unreasonably priced. We took breakfast in the restaurant and whilst it is a buffet service, staff show you to a table, and deliver tea, coffee and toast. The service is excellent in the restaurant, with friendly attentive staff who keep tables clean and make sure you are properly attended to.

All in all this is a pleasant hotel, in a good location, and one that I would definitely visit again.

2 Thank 123nugget
, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
As you most probably gather by reading my replies and guests comments I take a lot of notice on our customer’s feedback as I am a greater believer that this is a key area towards trying to improve. We may never achieve perfection but by keep listening and trying we can meet our customer’s expectations on most occasions. Your feedback and comment relating the bathroom toiletries is no exception . It is clear that the room was prepared for one guest and not two. Too late to rectify this but have taken some measures to make sure we do the little things well and a lapse on concentration and attention to detail some times can portrait the wrong image for our business. We don't like wasting anything but at the same time we never reduce or withdraw any of our services or facilities at the expense of our customers, quality or standards. An oversight, which I am glad you have taken the time to communicate this to me.

scotland
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel from Sunday to Wednesday on a bed & breakfast basis. Because of the original use of the building (a water mill) the layout was quite quirky. But once you found your way around it was ok. The restaurant is on the first floor and is of a good size, plenty room between tables. The selection of cereals, fruit and cooked food was very good. The service in the restaurant was excellent. We were looked after like royalty. The room we had was on the second floor and was reasonable in size but spotlessly clean, as was the bed and bedding. As we were on a deal for 3 nights b&b for £210 for 2 we did not expect the presidential suite. I felt the hotel was a little frugal in their distribution of bathroom toiletries. One shower gel and one conditioner between two people was stretching economising a bit far. The location of the hotel is excellent, especially if you are in Perth for the shopping, it's one street away from the shops. This was ideal for us as my wife had only had a hip replacement 8 weeks previous to our visit so the location was a plus. The reception staff were pleasant and positive in their work. We did not use the bars. Our experience was very good and we would have no hesitation visiting this hotel again.

Room Tip: No lifts. If you have trouble climbing stairs try for a room on the ground floor. But you still have...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2012

It is particularly nice to see that you have taken the time to give some good specific details relating your stay and this will help both our customers and team on focusing on what is important to our clients.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I only stayed here the one night on business but it offered everything I needed. Good service when checking in and at breakfast. A good range of food at breakfast started my day off well. No complaints.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business