“"Great hotel "”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Perth
scotland
“"Great hotel "”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Lovely hotel,room was clean and beds very comfortable.
Very good choice at breakfast and service was great.Had
dinner on first night and it was also very good.The staff are
all friendly and helpful .A most enjoyable stay and look forward
to our next visit to Perth and Mercure.

1 Thank iluvibiza
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will pass on your comments to all team members which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Chris Charalambous

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Glasgow
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed for 1 night 16th June for our 34th wedding anniversary. Room was well appointed, bed very comfortable and spotless. Only criticism had to pay for music - 1 album £1.99. Great location and nice water feature in the reception area. Staff very friendly.

1 Thank DanKathyScotland
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2012

Thanks again

Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting family. Hotel is ideally located and literally a couple of minutes walk from the city centre. More so that our family were jealous that we could walk to town!! Booked late and as bringing our 3 mth old son were concerned if they would have a cot but hotel were more than happy for us to bring our own as it was the Bank Holiday Weekend. Staff were great and always made conversation at any opportunity. So much better than the other hotels we have used in Perth. We will be back and will recommend to others when visiting the area.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Paddy P
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2012

Est Sussex, England
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights early June, as a couple just having a break. The hotel is situated in the heart of the city. The staff were very friendly, however we a couple of problems with the plumbing in the room, unfortunately the toilet flush problem was never solved! The hotel is the ex Ramada and the rooms are looking quite tired, but were clean and comfortable. breakfast was buffett style and quite dry, having said that if you ordered freshly cooked options (smoked haddock, eggs benedict etc.) they were very nice.

2 Thank Rick_Cox
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2012

We have some plans in place to refurbish some of the areas of the hotel and I will bear in mind your comments whilst we are finalising our plans.

I am pleased to see that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we will be in a position to welcome you back to the Mercure Perth in the near future. Please contact me directly once you have a date in mind as I would welcome the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.

Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights the hotel is central and first impressions are good. However once you are checked in you discover there is no lift the bedrooms are dated and the bathrooms certainly need modernising. Would I stay here again maybe dependent upon the rate offered.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Rafflesgirl
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2012

I am pleased to see that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us and I have noted that you will consider returning. Please contact me directly once you have a date in mind as I would welcome the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback and see if I can assist you with your booking.

Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I booked this hotel directly through their website and it was far from expensive and the price included breakfast. However, no matter what I've paid for a room the two minimums I look for is a comfy bed and a good shower. While the bed was perfectly comfy the shower was the weakest I've ever seen in a hotel which after a hot journey was a big disappointment for us. The bathroom itself and the rest of the hotel room were in fact distinctly average considering the attractiveness of the hotel entrance and bar area takes full advantage of the fact it is in a converted mill. The only other problem with the room was that despite the fact we had the window open all night it was sweltering all night.

All the staff were really friendly without exception and the breakfast was very tasty too so it would be nice to stay hear again but without a better shower I'd rather stay somewhere else. Free parking in the city centre location is a great added bonus as well.

1 Thank djmcmorris21

Since receiving your comment I have personally looked into this mater and I am pleased to inform you that we have now rectified the issue. In summary we have checked the shower and it transpired that the shower was only producing 4 litres of water per minute when it should be 12 litres per minute. We have now replaced the thermostatic shower with a new one. Your time to give us your feedback and share your experience with us has helped us to avoid any inconvenience to future clients and I am both appreciative and thankful.

Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel and were well looked after good food at evening meal buffet lunch and breakfast. We were given an excellent deal which was great value for money. We will most certainly be back. The hotel is in an excellent location for the city centre. The staff were all very efficient and friendly and if I was to single anyone out it would be Billy who looked after our every need nothing was too much for him. Thanks Billy

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Jock M
Mercure P, General Manager at Mercure Perth Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2012