“good for price”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Denton, Texas
“good for price”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

excellent staff and location in Perth . Must get family room and top floor due to incredibly creaky floors. Other rooms are small. No parking so add cost of 10 pounds per day to trip/day.NO WIFI IN ROOM.

Room Tip: Top floor and only family room else you will be in a closet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to note down a few lines about your recent stay, I am pleased you found the staff excellent and the location spot on. We are looking at extending the WiFi as only some of the rooms have WiFi at the moment but all the public areas have WiFi,
We do hope you will return and we can then show you some of our family rooms on lower floors.
Once again many thanks.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Greek first
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Stayed here with my husband for four nights for an organized trip to the Edinburgh Tattoo.
The hotel is in need of a little updating, despite that the rooms were very clean and the staff were
very friendly. For a 3 star hotel the breakfasts were excellent and so were the evening meals.
We had a carvery for the evening meal which for a change were hot. There was also a choice for everyone including fish and a vegetarian option. I can honestly say that hotel's facilities were and food were better than some 4 star hotels we haved stayed at

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your kind words, we try and do a bit of refurb every year and our next big plan is the front of the hotel. I am pleased you found the rooms clean and staff friendly. I am also pleased to read that you found the breakfast and carvery dinners spot on and met your expectations and above.
We do hope you will be back soon, once again thanks for your review.
South Shields, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Bar food poor. Restaurant was closed on one of the nights so can't say what that was like. Breakfast how ever was good. Room just okay. No parking at this hotel. Heating was not on and when I asked for it to be put on they said yes, 2 hrs later still no heat. Went to reception to be told it was not on and they gave me an electric heater. All in all a very average hotel. I travel to Perth on a weekly basis and there are far better hotels than this one.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ian J
Oh I am sorry to read that you did not really enjoy your stay and found the bar food to be poor. We do try and offer a wide range to suit all tastes. I am pleased you like the breakfast. The nearest car park is only one minutes walk from the hotel which the majority of our customers use. We did investigate the heating issue and it appears that one of the zones in the hotel had a faulty valve, this is being fixed in time, especially with Autumn looming.
I am sorry to read that you will not be back, I do hope you change your mind and give us another chance. Thanks for your feedback.
southport, england
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Me, my husband, my two young children and my gran stayed here for two nights when on an organized coach trip to the Edinburgh tattoo.
The hotel itself looks very tatty from the outside and decoration does need upgrading, however the staff were fantastic and the rooms very clean.
We had breakfast and an evening meal. The dining room staff and the chef couldn't have done enough for my children. It was a set meal but they gave my children extra choices and made sure they had something to eat that they liked for each course. The food was really lovely with a lovely selection for breakfast.
The beds were comfortable. One of the problems I had is that we appeared to be above the function room and both nights there was a party going on. It was very noisy but did stop at 1am, as promised by staff. On the second night I also had a large fan or something running right outside my room it was very noisy. I believe guests in other rooms in the hotel didn't hear any of these noises so I guess I was just unlucky with my room allocation. Don't think the hotel has family rooms as me, my husband and kids were split over two rooms, however these were directly opposite each other so it wasn't terrible.
Overall we had a wonderful stay and would use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room over the function room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Many thanks for posting in such a detailed and pleasant review. I am so pleased that you found the hotel to be spot on. We have just had the building surveyed with a view to painting the building early 2015. I am pleased you found the staff pleasant and the rooms very clean. I am so pleased the Chef looked after all the wee ones needs and you found the food to be lovely especially the breakfasts. We do indeed have three family rooms, which although very popular, can be booked in advance and off course a family room away from the function area.
I am so pleased you had a great time and look forward to seeing you all back again soon.
Gordon
Falkirk District, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I had occasion to use this hotel as a guest. Found the reception staff rude and unhelpful. Bar prices for alcohol okay but at £1.90 for a can of cola etc thought that was daylight robbery. No excuse for this type of profit.

Room Tip: rooms need updated
1 Thank Dee G
Many thanks for taking the time to send in a few lines, I am most concerned that you found the reception staff rude and unhelpful - this is an area where we receive positive comments....I wish you had mentioned to me which staff were rude; why were they unhelpful; who was unhelpful on what grounds were they rude. Not much for me to investigate with such a vague review ?
Cans of Coke are less than £1.90
Once again many thanks for your review.
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2014

This hotel is a must for a wonderful stay! Like the Tardis, larger than it looks from outside.
Staff, very friendly and helpful, take bags to and from your rooms. Lift and stairs. Room very clean and tidy, bathroom, wow!! Tea/coffee facilities, TV in all rooms.
Food was fantastic, plenty of it, breakfast was a full and a help yourself bar if wanted cereals etc.
Evening meals were piping hot, plenty of it again, too.
Late night back from Tattoo(1.00am), staff were helpful with all our keys and asking if teas or coffees were wanted.
Overall, a wonderful stay, would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.x

Room Tip: We didn`t have a choice of room as such, but I`m sure that all rooms are of the same clean standard.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks do much for such a lovely review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do appreciate the time you have taken to highlight the friendly staff, clean rooms, great food and excellent breakfast, I am pleased you appreciated all the extras after the tattoo, we do our best to look after our customers with a few extras when we can.
We hope we will see you all back next year for 2015 Tattoo , perhaps even before.
Once again many thanks.
Kind regards.
Stourport on Severn, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I enjoyed very much the stay at the hotel and attending the tattoo at the castle. The hotel was clean, the staff very friendly and food excellent. Thanks for a great stay. Breakfast and evening meals and service were hot, quick and very nice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thanks for taking a few minutes to note down a few lines from your recent stay. I am so pleased you found the hotel clean, staff friendly and food excellent - that's great.
I do hope you will return soon and hopefully before the next years tattoo.