Salutation Hotel
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
1,184 results
All reviewsoldest hotelthird floorbuffet breakfasthaggissuperior roomold buildingcentral locationfriendly hotelcentre of towncar parksingle roomfamily roomwaiting stafffirst classstaff were excellentbit datedgreat value for money
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I booked this hotel for one night last minute as I was working in Perth. I would not choose to stay here again not because the hotel wasn't nice but it seems more aimed at the OAP market with bus tours etc.

The room was ok but very old fashioned, I didn't think the toilet was that clean. Room warm and bed comfortable. Breakfast was traditional with a good variety of choice and with good coffee.

As a young person I would stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I am sorry that you feel the hotel is aimed at the OAP market - we do infact aim for all ages and this is indeed reflected in our very varied business. I am sure our regulars would think otherwise.... I am sorry to read that you felt the hotel "wasn't nice" ? But I am pleased to read you felt the breakfast to offer a good variety of choice with good coffee. I am not aware of any reportd of the toilet not being clean - otherwise we have rectified this straight away. I am pleased you found the room warm and comfortable.
Thank you.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Recption staff helpful but followed the rules the rules. Check in 2 pm and not a minute earlier. Meal times stricly abhered to breakfast 7.30 to 9.30 do not be late. TV not working at week end unable to help, lift out of action Sunday morning plenty of stairs. No car park but council car park available free on Sundays.
Floor boards creaked in the room above and in mine as did the passage outside the door.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
SallyGM, Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to the Salutation.
We value all our guests comments and use these to further improve our service.
Pleased to hear our reception team were helpful on your arrival.Check-in time is 2pm and that enables all rooms to be serviced after a departure to a high standard.
We offer a two hour service for breakfast, with this extended to 10am on a Sunday.Room service continental breakfast can be served from 6am if required.
Sincere apologies for your television not being attended to, this should and normally would have been dealt with immediately.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Booked this place at the last minute through Hotels.com as needed a night stop to break a car journey to Inverness....The price was right so was not expecting too much but to be honest was pleasantly suprised. On arrival was greeted by both John and Eva at reception who could not have been more friendly and helpful....I have stayed in many 5 star hotels before where the staff have not been any where near as helpfull as these two.
In its day this hotel must have been a lovely place to stay.....to be honest it is now in need of a bit of TLC but that said our room on the third floor was clean if somewhat dated...but as I said before the price was right.
We chose to eat in the bar and to be honest the food was again for the price first class. Breakfast too was great with a large selection available presented in a buffet format.
The position of the hotel is great, a few minutes stroll takes you along the newly developed river bank or to the centre of the pedestrianised town. The hotel seems to be a favourite with older travellers as in my late fifties I felt quite young!!
Would I stay here again?.....well yes for sure I would at the price I paid. How great it would be though for either the present owners or new developers to throw a shed load of money at it and turn it into the magnificent hotel that many years ago no doubt it was.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you so much for such a pleasant and complimentary review - John and Eva are indeed extra friendly and always do their best to look after our guests - five star style. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your bar meal and the breakfast in the morning. I am also pleased to note that you found the room to be clean. We have about 600 rooms in the Strathmore Group and each year establish a refurbishment schedule which usually includes some bedrooms in each hotel - perhaps next time you call in we can show you some of our newer rooms.

Once again I really do appreciate the feedback and the time you have taken to write this review.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Kind regards

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed for one night on b&b, we had a lovely large room (318) and the breakfast was lovely, we will look forward to returning in Feb.Great location for shopping in Perth, we walked at night to find quite a selection of resturants around this area.

Room Tip: 318 was a large room and I could see my car in car park.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to say a few complimentary words about your room and the breakfast. Room 318 is a larger room. The hotel is ideally placed for walking round the restaurants.
We look forward to seeing you all in February.
Kind regards.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

good hotel with very friendly staff one drawback is the parking you have to use public car park which is just round corner but at £3 for 3 hours its quite expensive hotel is within walking distance of town centre riverside etc you must visit Kirkside bar 5 mins walk away great little scottish pub with very friendly staff

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to say you found our staff friendly, we do note the car-parking charges and offset this by offering competitive rates to stay in the hotel.
Once again the feedback is most appreciated.
Kind regards.