“Great hotel, great service”
Review of The Station Hotel

The Station Hotel
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for one night on our way to Inverness. We found the staff incredibly helpful and the room very comfortable. The hotel has plenty of character and not just one of these modern square boxes. The breakfast was suberb, enough to keep us going all day! We were very impressed with the hotel and staff, Kylie on reception was a credit to the hotel and the attention to detail in the rooms and the food was fantastic. A great location with plenty of free parking. I will definitely use the Station Hotel again the next time I am in this area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark I
There are newer reviews for The Station Hotel

Reviewed October 2, 2011

My wife and I have just returned from a long weekend in this hotel. It was obviously a proud hotel at one time but those days are over for now. The staff were lovely if not a bit over worked as they were receptionist, bar tenders and waiting staff all in one. The room was clean however the bed had no headboard( could be intentional ) however the absence of a hairdryer and telephone was a step to far. I was on the 1st floor and a 4x4 could have been handy as I've never encountered a more uneven floor. I hope the owners of this hotel can restore this historic hotel to a resemblence of it's former glory and I wish them well in that, but until then I will find an alternative on my return to Perth.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I returned to th hotel after working there 40 years ago and had heard that it had been closed and was run down. It still needs a bit of work but the Staff were great and friendly, The room was up to date and clean, Free wi fi, and a nice cooked breakfast all just what you want in this price range.

I left my jumper in the lounge and they returned it to me in Melbourne Australia

I would return again

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We are staying here due to work, and we have felt very welcome for the last 16 weeks so they must be doing somthing right ,the staff are all very frendly and wecome us every week.
They are always asking if they can do anything to improve our stay , the building its self is very old but has been brought back to a good state of decore .the rooms are very clean and are serviced very well each day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with free veiw tv and a veiw of the garden
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
PerthStationHotel, General Manager at The Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Thank you Chris for this review. It's been a pleasure having you guys around.
You've been invaluable in helping us to improve the standard of our breakfasts!
Hope we are almost there! Thanks.

Reviewed September 28, 2011

If you enjoy staying in poor hotels then you will rave about this place. The only good thing to tell you is that the breakfast is the best part of the stay. There was no restaurant as promised on the website so dinner was a pizza ordered from a local takeaway and the room service was the pizza delivery guy bringing it to our room.
The hotel is 'boutique' in that it is one of a kind. It could be stunning with a lot of money spent on it but as it is, it remains a sad reminder of it's former glory. I do not enjoy giving bad reviews but in the interest of fairness, I have to tell you to book this place with little or no expectations. As my father used to say "expecteth not and ye shall not be disappointed"

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. Since you stayed with us in August, we have introduced, over a month ago now, an all day menu. This is not a full restaurant menu, but it has a reasonable variety of tasty, fresh meals, all very competitively priced, i.e. main courses at £7.95. I'm sorry you couldn't try it out, but I'm sure you enjoyed the local pizza. As you know we reopened the hotel quite recently. We have already refurbished many bedrooms and some of the conference rooms, which are the largest of its kind in Perth. We are very mindfull of the fact that any refurbishment work has to be carried out without the slightest disturbance to the guests. The restaurant is scheduled to reopen soon as well. We hope to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

This is a wonderful place, full of character and quality. The building is a classic late Victorian era build. The rooms were large, spacious and bright. The breaksfast was superb and the staff were all very oriented towards quality service and kind hospitality. My room was immaculately clean and very comfortable. The large luxurious bath towels were a note of the effort the management were making towards the quality and comfort of my stay.

I would be most happy to use the hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you soooo much for this lovely review! We do try our best and will carry on with smaller and bigger improvements.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Spacious and pleasant in a traditional way, and staff were friendly - would stay again if back in Perth. Possibly a bit further to walk into Perth town centre than we expected, and parts of the town near the hotel were a bit scruffy.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family