Tripadvisor

The North Port Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 253 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The North Port Restaurant Perth is situated in the heart of performing arts just a step from Perth's Concert Hall and Museum and a few meters from the historical Fair Maids House. The building housing this restaurant dates from 1774. We look to welcome you with relaxed contemporary dining. No fuss, just come along and enjoy the food, cocktails, wine and service. We also have our fabulous private dining area 'The Tay Room'. 'The Tay Room' is available for lunch or dinner and can seat up to 20 guests at no extra cost. Our menus for private dining can be adapted to suit all occasions.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife took me here for my birthday lunch on a quiet Friday in January. In fact when she suggested it I was a bit hmmm. So I was totally unprepared for just how good this place was...and very pleasantly surprised as it way exceeded my expectations. Excellent cooking with an imaginative menu and skilful use if ingredients. Coupled with this was first rate service from the front of house team. We both had the set lunch which was an absolute bargain. I have eaten lunches and dinners at Michelin starred restaurants for way more than double the price and half the standard of North Port. Fabulous!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (883)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Super service. Wonderful Scottish produce. Superb menu. Highly recommended.Staff were friendly, informative and attentive. We were early and allowed an early table.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a fantastic restaurant. Good food cooked exceptionally well, and great value for money. I would thoroughly recommend - particularly for a pre-theatre visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Received a warm welcome and taken to our table. Menus were already on the table and we were served water and left to choose.

Specials, set menus and a la carte: spoilt for choice.
I stared with haggis/tarried & neeps and my son had scallops. Mains we both choose different dishes: I had liver and my son had chicken. We both enjoyed every mouthful.
Well we had to have a sweet, rude not too, and it was my sons birthday. I had put this info on my booking and I was very,VERY, pleased to see his sweet delivered with a birthday wish and a candle THANK YOU.
We loved every mouthful and every minute of our time there.
Toilets are lovely too but up the spiral staircase FYI
I will be back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time here this is a gem ,great menu something for everyone Smokey starter was fabulous my main was plaice fillets with carrots and leek very tasty food
No 1 in Perth for me