“Tough on dress” 3 of 5 bubbles

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Tough on dress”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I've enjoyed playing this relatively straightforward course but the clubhouse leaves a lot to be desired. Last time we went there, for a coffee and a light bite, they still enforced a "no jeans" policy. Complete joke give how old and tired the clubhouse is. Nothing special and the course sadly suffers badly from winter weather (flooded a lot of the time). And a pain to get to as there is no direct vehicle access.

Visited May 2012

Perth
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Not the easiest place to get to. We found it by mistake. Although not members we were welcomed like long lost family. We had lunch in the bar which was basic but very well done.

Will definitely be back.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Erzil
Cumbria
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Very soggy, and mixed welcome”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were enjoying a wonderful weekend in Perthshire. Having played golf over the weekend we completed the break with golf at the King James V1 golf course. The course is on an island, and the access to the course is quite challenging. We parked the car on South Inch car park next to the river in the city. We then had to walk up the steps and across the railway bridge to the island where the course is situated. This was a surprise and be prepared to carry your kit up steps and for about a quarter of a mile before reaching the club. I walked into the bar by mistake looking for the pro shop and was told I should have gone another way round - not too friendly - however, another gentleman then showed me to the pro shop, and he was very welcoming, as was Matthew in the pro shop. The course itself is compact, with pins sharing greens. It was very very wet in places - the Ryder cup will never be played on this particular course. Having said that, and I accept, I would never even come close to playing the higher echelons of the golf circuit... I am pretty rubbish but enjoy the game. I wasn't inclined to visit the 19th hole, as I was talking to a very affable chap outside, when another guy came out of the club - the captain? - who just talked over me as if I wasn't there... didn't quite get this...Having said all that, it had been a long time since I had played, and we had a wonderful afternoon... just finished off a brilliant weekend..... Don't be put off, but be aware of the pitfalls. We had a two for one voucher, I wouldn't have been chuffed to pay fifty pounds for such wet fairways...

Visited October 2012
2 Thank NickyCumbria
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome day of golf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Walk to the course is annoying but that is the only issue, practice areas are great and well kept.
Locker rooms great, bar staff very friendly and food is brill, clubhouse very unqiue.
The course itself is parkland with many bunkers, very well kept, holes are a good challenge, great hazards and great views.
Great moneys work :)

1 Thank 5tunzy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not worth the effort”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Unfortunately when we went, the fairways were in awful condition, greens are ok but wasn't worth the walk to get there in the first place