“Great Food, Great Service”

Tabla Authentic Indian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 201 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Description: Perth's only Authentic Indian Restaurant. Owned and run by Praveen Kumar and his wife Swarna Kumar, both born and brought up in small rural communities in south India. At Tabla we use fresh, farm grown spices by own family in India. Praveen has gained great wealth of Food and Restaurant management skills from The Gleneagles Hotel & Turnburry Hotel, where we workedover 6 years. Tabla is well presented restaurant with stone walls and open kitchen. You'll find cheerful and well attentive staff to exceed your dining expectations.
Perth, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Praveen and his wife are the most charming people, its almost like visiting friends rather than a restaurant. The food is amazing and well priced. I asked for something not on the menu (a Thali) and they were very accommodating.

• Visited March 2012
thirmalreddy, Owner at Tabla Authentic Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Tabla Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write to me on TA.
I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your meal.
looking forward to welcome you back soon.
Praveen Kumar

• Chinese (Traditional) first
SCOTLAND
“You gotta try it! Great Indian food!!!!!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Having read the reviews it became a compulsory visit! We were not disappointed. The food is very tasty, plentiful and succulent! The menu deviates from the traditional Indian menu but also offers the regular food if that is what's required. Staff most friendly, welcoming and eager to please. On arrival, I wasn't too sure about the window seating (goldfish bowl) but, once the food is on the table, you easily forget about your surroundings.

We are planning to re-visit and expect the same service and fab food! Well done Tabla!

• Visited February 2013
Dear Tabla Guest,
I am happy to see your feedback.
I will pass it on to my team.
looking forward to welcome you when you are in town.
Regards
Praveen
“Made our wedding anniversary that little bit more special”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited tabla for our wedding anniversary. We were welcomed immediately and shown to our table the service was quick, warm and friendly. The menu offered something different from the run if the mill Indian restaurant. Our popadoms and spiced onions were great start, we shared some authentic onion badji's with chilli dip which delighted my hubby. Next we had south indian garlic chilli chicken and lamb dopiaza sharing a rice and nan bread both cooked perfectly (asked for extra crispy nan and that's what we got) neither of us could finish our meal one would have been more than enough between us. We got chatting to our waiter and explained our visit to Perth was for our wedding anniversary. At the end of our meal we were presented with 2 glasses of sparkling rose which was a lovely gesture. Our meal which included a bottle of wine and all if the above food was under £50 - great value, great service would definitely recommend and we will be back!!

Dear Tabla Guest,
I am very glad we made your Wedding Anniversary a special evening.
At Tabla we strive to give our guest a memorable experience.
Hopefully welcome you at Tabla when you are in Perth.
Praveen
Austin, TX
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

For my birthday my fiancé and I drove up from Dundee to Perth to have a nice day out and have a good meal. Boy, was I not ready for this place! We both ordered jalfrezi curry chicken, and I have to be honest, it was the single best Indian meal I've ever had! The service was outstanding! Absolutely a great place!

• Visited February 2013
Dear Tabla Guest,
Thank for taking time write to me on TA. I am very glad you both enjoyed your meal.
Looking forward to welcome you when in Perth.
Kind Regards
Praveen Kumar.
“Relaxed, excellent menu and food.”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Our visit was on a quiet Sunday night as we passed through Perth. Visited having seen the reviews. Service excellent.

Starters really good and many unique choices not seen in other Indian venues. Mains were good, lamb was tender (always a good sign) and the request for extra garlic in the chicken dish was accommodated without a second thought.
Portion size was good, rice fluffy and tasty and no surprises with the bill.
All in all a good visit and two curry fiends who know a good meal were left satisfied.

thirmalreddy, Owner at Tabla Authentic Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Tabla Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write to me on TA.
I am very pleased you stooped over on your journey .
looking forward to see you back soon.
Praveen Kumar