“Magnifique”

The Roost Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 210 Restaurants in Perth
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tim & Anna Dover work together at the restaurant, Anna is in charge of table service and Tim exercises his skills as Head Chef in the kitchen, and in his words..."My wife and I opened the Roost Restaurant in the village of Kintillo near Bridge of Earn, just outside Perth, in the summer of 2008. Five years on the restaurant is firmly established in the area and we are known for our extensive use of Scottish ingredients, which I prepare in the classical French style that I have learnt in kitchens at home and abroad throughout my career.We are proud of the strong relationships we have developed with Scottish food and drink suppliers and always produce a locally sourced, sustainable and seasonal menu.Our dedication doesn't end in the kitchen as we enjoy fishing and foraging for our own ingredients - including wild garlic, alexanders and chanterelles - many of which appear on the menus throughout the year.But nothing is more sustainable than our new kitchen garden that features vegetables and herbs used in the restaurant. Throughout the summer months we are able to use our own supply of herbs, salads and vegetables such as potatoes, chard, baby carrots, beetroots, leeks, broad beans and purple sprouting broccoli while flowers are also grown for the restaurant."
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Lovely little restaurant which only has about 20+ covers. On booking the table for lunch the phone was answered within a few rings, which is all well and good. Our details were taken but what I especially liked was the simple question “does anyone in the party have a food allergy? This is important to me, as I do.

On arrival at the restaurant I again explained I was “gluten free”. We ordered or main course and drinks and then received some bread. I received some Gluten free rolls which were warm and tasted delicious, top marks from me.

The main courses arrived Sea Bream and Salmon, this dishes looked and smelt beautiful. Unfortunately my Salmon was on a bed of pasta which was not gluten free, which was disappointing given how they had asked about food allergies. But as good as their word it was taken away a a NEW dish was prepared with Salmon for my, excellent. I could not fault this restaurant in anyway from ambience, service or the preparation to detail in the food we received. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Lucky enough to receive a gift voucher for the Roost it was a no brainer that we should go along to try lunch. It was not hard to see why the Roost is rated number one in Perth. The lunch menu was full of my favourites and we could have selected anyone of the dishes on offer for each course. Service was attentive and friendly. Food was superbly prepared and presented with decent servings for the superior class of restaurant. We both managed to squeeze in a desert - it would have been a shame not to complete the meal properly!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

After spending a weekend at Erigmore Lodges I'd booked The Roost for Sunday lunch to finish off our stay. It was the icing on the cake, it honestly just topped off a wonderful weekend. We were away for my partners 30th birthday and I was looking for somewhere nice to take her before heading back up the road. The Roost is number 1 on trip advisor for Perth restaurants. It would be unfair to say I can see why as I've never dinned in any other restaurants in the area but I will just say we both loved the food, the establishment and the service. I won't go into detail about our dishes or the setting, I'll just leave that for you to find out but I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. Keep it up folks, you deserve it!!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We live an embarrassingly few number of miles from The Roost, yet we had never heard of it until a search on this site showed it as being the #1 restaurant in Perth! "The Roost??" I asked my husband, "Have you heard of it?"...."nope" he replied, "where is it?", "Just down the road!!!!" says I.....

So we phoned and booked a table pronto. And we weren't disappointed.

It's a small place, tiny in fact. Only 8-ish tables depending on party size v. couples. The staff were lovely and welcoming, we were one of only three tables in that night but we didn't feel isolated or overtly attended to.

The food was delicious. Perfectly seasoned, full of flavour and beautifully presented.

Definitely a place we will be going back to and highly recommended for special occasions and fine dining.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is an outstanding little restaurant - very bright and welcoming. Lunch today was totally delicious with friendly service. Food is beautifully presented, each course having at least three inviting choices. Very high standard and easily accessible if driving north from Edinburgh. We've been here on a number of occasions and have never been disappointed.