“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #6 of 51 Perth B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This beautiful lady was most welcoming, she was an excellent host, the room was very nice and clean, the water was lovely and hot and breakfast in the morning was exceptional. Jacqui was helpful with places to eat at and even supplied me with biscuits and broad suitable for someone with gluten intolerance. I would highly recommend this beautiful bed and breakfast to anyone.
Thanks for the lovely stay.
Les and Joanne Hull Perth Australia and Kevin Hull Farnham Common

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joanne H
mark m, Owner at Heidl Guest House, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review; very kind.
It was lovely to meet you all and I enjoyed our chats.
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in the UK.
Once again thank you for recommending us; much appreciated.
Jackie & Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was travelling on Business in Perth and was made to feel extremely welcome by the landlady! She gave me advice on where to eat in Perth and was very easy to get along with. The room was spacious, the beds comfy and the wifi was free which is always a bonus. The scrambled egg with breakfast was excellent as well which is always a bonus as some places just can't get it right! But that's not a problem for Heidl :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IvanIvanIvanIvan
mark m, Owner at Heidl Guest House, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your kind words & for taking the time to write a review.
I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast.
All this means a lot so thank you once again.
Hope to see you in the future.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was a guest at this lovely family run hotel over the weekend (a secret celebration of my umpteenth birthday!) and the welcome we were given by Jackie was second to none. The room was very comfortable, fabulous shower facilities and a brilliant breakfast menu. I love porridge and am very fussy about how it is made and I wish to pass my compliments and grateful thanks to the Chef as it was delicious. My friend also commented on the delicious Scrambled Eggs & Smoked Salmon. Thank you for a very enjoyable time and I hope I may stay again at a future date. Highly recommended

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kate E
mark m, Owner at Heidl Guest House, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your great review of your stay at Heidl.
I'm really pleased you enjoyed your time here and especially the breakfasts.
It was lovely to meet you both & hopefully see you again; maybe on your next birthday.
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The guest house is about 5 minutes walk from the railway station, and we arrived on a cold, wet and dismal evening in Scotland, to a warm welcome from the lady owner.

She showed us to our room and explained the heating and shower system to us, and said to ask if we needed anything.

Our beds were very comfortable, and the huge power shower in our en suite room was a lovely surprise.

There was no view from the room to write home about, but it was a lovely clean quiet room and this didn't bother us in the least.

Along with that wonderful shower, the tea and coffee facilities were a welcome bonus on a cold, wet scottish evening. Bottled water and shortbread were also provided..

We filled a form in, ticking the boxes of the items we would like for breakfast and dropped it in to reception on our way out.

Cereals and fresh fruit, yogurts, coffee etc laid out the next morning, and our cooked breakfast arrived hot and freshly cooked.

Nothing is too much trouble for the owners and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this guest house.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
mark m, Owner at Heidl Guest House, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review.
It's greatly appreciated.
I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay at Heidl and we shall hopefully see you again.
Jackie
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights after sharing a gite with family (12 people in total) in France and it was nice to have a lovely home feel.
The owners were great, we had our two children on the trip and Jackie was always happy to see them. They had lots of information at the front desk for us and suggested we go the highland games while we were there...lots of fun.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank grazing_graham
mark m, Owner at Heidl Guest House, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
It was great to meet you all and the children are adorable.
I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a relaxing time.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review; very kind.
We look forward to seeing you all again on your next visit to Perth.
glasgow
Reviewed August 28, 2013

First time ever in a Guest House!! The Heidl was spotlessly clean.Had everything you needed.Bedroom was not that big, but for one night it was ok.Jackie,owner,was very pleasant and told us dining room and hall were being decorated soon,but it looked fine to us,and same colours were used throughout which was nice. If we have to visit Perth again,we will likely stay therer again.It's just a few minutes walk from town centre which is handy.It has front of house parking too.

Room Tip: We were in room 7 which looked onto wall of hotel next door so it was at least quiet!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
mark m, Owner at Heidl Guest House, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind review.
It was lovely to meet you both and I'm glad you enjoyed your time at Heidl.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Perth.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I spent one night at Heidl Guest House with my husband and two children during our holiday in Scotland. We enjoyed our stay there, even if it was only a very short one. The family room was big enough, the beds were comfortable and everything was very clean. Breakfast was delicious with a wide range of choice. We could park our car right in front of the guest house, even though we arrived rather late (we had reserved it in advance). Jackie was very kind and recommended a nice restaurant for our dinner. I would definitely recommend this guest house to other tourists.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

mark m, Owner at Heidl Guest House, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review; very kind of you.
I'm pleased you had an enjoyable stay at Heidl.
I also hope you enjoyed your trip to Scotland and we'll hopefully see you again.
Jackie