“Great Stay”

Ranked #4 of 49 Perth B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Stay”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was my first guest house stay in a number of years - it's all too easy to book with the 'big boys' once they have you hooked! but what a pleasant surpise to find great hospitality, comfortable, well equipped bedrooms and the privacy you expect in a larger property. I booked directly with the owner by telephone so knew instantly that I had chosen the right property for our short stay. The added advantage to booking direct is that the owner doesn't have to pay out large booking commission fees to 'agents' so has more opportunity to further invest in the service, supplies and fabric of the building - this is something I always try to do (even with the larger hotel groups) Parked up - short walk in to town, visit to Black Watch Museum, shopping in 'Boutique' and 'Sheep to Chic', dinner at The Mexican, lovely breakfast from Caroline then check out with a scenic drive taking in Dunkeld, Blairgowrie and the 'beech hedge' before heading home via Stirling for more shopping! Would definately stay at this property again if in the area for work or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Caroline W, Owner at Rosebank Guest House, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful review, greatly appreciated. Thank you also for pointing out to book direct with us by phone or email to get the best possible rate and avoid paying commission. It was lovely to meet you, your husband and son and I hope to see you all again soon. Thanks again, Caroline.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Turriff, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is by far the best Guest House we had stayed in. The staff were excellent and the rooms were spotless. We were asked how we wanted our breakfast cooked. Nothing was a problem. We were a bunch of students who have very different ideas but we all agreed that this guest house was the best we have slept in. Cannot rate it high enough.

Room Tip: All rooms were beautiful!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Caroline W, Owner at Rosebank Guest House, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much Beth for your fantastic review. Your wonderful comments are greatly appreciated. It was lovely to meet you all and I look forward to welcoming you back next time your in Perth to study or for a holiday. Thank you again, Caroline.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Caroline is certainly welcoming and full off local knowledge and cannot do enough for you. The room was very clean and comfortable with extra little touches.
After having a great breakfast we didn't need to eat the rest of the day.
The guest house is in a good location just a short walk from centre of Perth. Will certainly stay there next time we are in Perth.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Liz for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Rosebank. Your excellent comments are greatly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you both back soon. Thanks again, Caroline.
Aberdeen
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed at Rosebank Guest House on the 20th Sep 2013 with my daughter and we had 2 adjacent rooms, both very clean and comfortable. As mentioned in other reviews, Caroline was extemely welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful. The guest house is centrally located, a short walk into the centre of Perth. After a good night's sleep, we both enjoyed an excellent breakfast. The next time we are visiting Perth, we'll definitely book another stay at Rosebank.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Ian for your excellent comments, very much appreciated. I'm happy you and your daughter enjoyed your stay and will return next time you come to Perth. I look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully next time meet your wife. Thanks again, Caroline.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Yes, Caroline is an absolute gem. And yes, the room was very clean and comfortable and the guest house is in a great location. But I'm sort of stuck on breakfast. I can hardly remember the rest of my stay. I mean we had an amazing meal at Bothy (per Caroline's suggestion - thanks again!!) and a great night's sleep (again, thanks, Caroline!) but once I tasted her breakfast, I honestly couldn't really remember anything. It was really the best, most amazing breakfast I'd ever had. Honestly, stay there just for the breakfast if for nothing else. My boyfriend agreed on my assessment. Considering he usually hates breakfast, this says a lot.

Room Tip: All rooms are en suite and seemed very quiet so I'm not sure there's a bad choice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Caroline W, Owner at Rosebank Guest House, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Wow, What kind and complimentary comments, Thank you. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and delighted my breakfast was the best ever! Thanks again, Caroline.
Warminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

A very warm welcome from Caroline who was so friendly and helpful giving us tips on places to visit including restaurants within nearby Perth. As part of the service we were given use of their wi-fi which helped our forward planning. My wife and I spent 2 very pleasant nights there before continuing our tour of Scotland. I agree with all the previous positive comments and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Rex for your excellent comments which I appreciate very much. It was great to meet you both and I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and will return. I look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again and best wishes, Caroline.
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is an excellent Guest House, with some of the most comfortable beds ever!

Our stay was a stop over on a charity cycle from Edinburgh to Inverness and our early start was not a problem in the slightest.

Caroline offers the best service you could ask for; extreamly friendly, looks after the neds of her guests very well, has excellent standards of cleanliness and the breakfast was great.

Like so many other reviews i've read - Rosebank will be the first place i try the next time i'm in Perth and will be recomended to all my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wow, Thank you Craig for your wonderful comments and fantastic review title, greatly appreciated. It was lovely meeting you all and I hope you had a great cycle journey from Perth to Inverness and raised lots of money for charity. I look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again, Caroline.