“Where is everyone?”
Review of Opus One - CLOSED

Opus One
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opus One offers the finest ingredients from Perthshire's larder, creatively prepared and executed with meticulous precision and flair. The restaurant, located in the New County Hotel, Perth is furnished in contemporary style; comfortable and elegant. Our knowledgeable waiting staff ensure friendly yet polished service."...we'd just enjoyed an absolutely superb meal in the hotel's much lauded Opus One restaurant (two AA Rosettes no less) and a couple of drinks in the comfortable hotel bar… helpful and friendly staff and a location that couldn't be more central. All in all, a very pleasant hotel with absolutely outstanding food and a great base for a night out in the Fair City. "Shaun McLaren - Scotland on Sunday"(Opus One) has won several prestigious awards. There’s a wealth of choice on the menu offering a perfect end to the day and evening.…I can still taste as I think about it." - Elaine Maslin, Press & Journal, May 2012 "A complimentary amuse bouche of celeriac and thyme veloute with a haggis ball cemented the Auld Alliance from the start. The Arran elephant garlic soup with Granny smith apple was delicate, subtle and unctuous. My locally-foraged plum tarte tatin … promised much – and delivered; while the green tea pannacotta with vanilla sorbet and dark chocolate sauce was scrumptious." "In our chic surroundings the waiting staff proved the most pleasant of fleeting company." - Steve Donn, Daily Mail, November 2011 ("Fair City is flair city when it comes to dining")At Opus One we left satisfied and impressed with the food…. Wow! Even now, my mouth waters at the thought.\\"- Chris Mooney, Daily Record, November 2011
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I booked a table for dinner mid-week and was more than a bit concerned when I arrived before my date to find the restaurant completely empty with no other tables booked.
I am happy to say my concerns were short lived, the food was superb, well presented and arrived at exactly the right pace from a kitchen that must have been twiddling its collective thumbs.
The personal attention from the waitress whose name, sadly, I have forgotten was just right, she was invisible in an empty room until required, not an easy skill.
This place deserves to be busy every night.

General M, General Manager at Opus One, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your view on Trip Advisor, we are delighted you enjoyed your meal and service and hope it is not too long before your next visit.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is our second visit to Perth and this restaurant: It is the perfect place to go if you appreciate excellent food, presentation and class.
The ambiance in the restaurant is absolutely fantastic with the staff being friendly and helpful, the menu is not run of the mill stuff, it is imaginative and different, so much so you feel like the critics in "Master Chef" who have just been really impressed.
Every morsel of food was a delight to eat.
We will certainly be back.

General M, General Manager at Opus One, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Delighted you enjoyed your second visit at the Opus One Restaurant and thank you for posting such a positive review. I will pass your kind comments onto my team and hope it is not too long before your next visit.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We visited the restaurant this evening and managed to get a table at the last minute.

It was busy but the restaurant had a nice, relaxed atmosphere. The service was prompt and attentive and the food was exceptional. I understand the Chef has won several awards (including Rosettes) and they are deserved.

The staff are excellent - they clearly work well together and make a good team, led by their Manager who is friendly and helpful.

It's well worth a visit.

Thank you for taking the time to share your praise . We are truly delighted you have enjoyed your evening and we look forward to welcoming you back soon
PS: I hope next time circumstances  will allow you to stay longer to taste our wine.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We got a voucher deal through Travel zoo for a five course tasting menu and a glass of prosecco. wasn't sure if we would be treated differently having used a voucher but was very impressed. Staff were friendly and service was excellent. We had a bottle of red wine and the wine prices were very reasonable and of excellent quality.
The smoked duck starter was our favorite dish of the night.
The food was superb and we really enjoyed our night. The chef is doing an excellent job and would have no hesitation in recommending a visit to the restaurant. Thank you Opus one, keep up the good work.

General M, General Manager at Opus One, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post such a review about the service and the quality of the food and hope it is not too long before your next visit.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My sister and I ate here tonight and were very impressed with everything about our evening. The staff were really friendly and welcoming, and the food was absolutely delicious; lots of little extras (a wee cup of cauliflower veloute, fabulous lemon and yoghurt sorbet in between starter and main course) and a lovely evening atmosphere with plenty of other tables occupied and candlelight and twinkly lights making everything look very mellow.
On top of all this, I'd managed to forget to bring the voucher I'd printed out which I needed to show as I'd prepaid for most of the meal, and the manager was overwhelmingly nice about it and gave us the discount anyway.
We will be back soon!

General M, General Manager at Opus One, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Thank you for your fantastic review !
All the staff here at the New County Hotel will find your lovely comments so encouraging.
Thank you again.