“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Blossom

Royal Blossom
Ranked #5 of 60 Restaurants in Airdrie
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

After visiting the royal blossom on a number of occasions I was looking forward to my lunch when this venue was suggested.
Hadn't been for a while and after today's visit I won't be rushing back.
Although there is a good selection I felt all my food was lukewarm and mediocre at best, such a shame as the surroundings are really nice.
Also whilst I appreciate management can't turn away business we had to asked to be reseated due to a screaming baby whose three accompanying adults were more interested in feeding themselves than attending to their little ones distress. I know it's difficult but really I had a child 20 years ago who seemed to cry as soon as we entered a restaurant and either my husband or myself removed and pacified them so the other paying diners could enjoy their experience of dining out.

Upon moving we felt we had jumped from the frying pan into a fire.
A family across from us again with a school aged child received a phone call only to scream obscenities about what they would do to them down the telephone.
I know waiting staff heard the commotion as on resetting the table after the offending family vacated they commented to the tone of " hope they don't rush back" whilst the manager chose to ignore the whole episode, really I wouldn't say I'm a snob or killjoy but this really turned out one of the most unenjoyable experiences of dining out and sadly I won't be returning anytime soon. Such a shame as I like to encourage local businesses but food not the best and the display of other adults behaviour left a decidedly bad taste in my mouth.

2 Thank KTandK

Airdrie, United Kingdom
“Sit in great , take out not so great”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Each time I have went into this place I get a different standard of service. The sit in service which lets be honest is a buffet so help yourself is decent. The food is good and tasty but not enough selection for a buffet in my opinion, however tasty none the less.

The take out part is poor, the person who takes the order can barely speak english and is an effort to get the order put through. They also dont let you do mixed dishes. I quite like to get a chicken curry rice in one dish but they nmake you pay for 2 seperate dishes.

• Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horror”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I liked this place but the horrible woman kept harassing me about the age of my kid I took my family at night and days some months I spent two hundred pounds with various mates I took also thats over two grand a year. She couldn't see this and went on for months about a three pounds difference that my kids would pay based on her presumption that he was 11 and he is only 10 after ten times of being harassed and dug up I had to bar myself from this horrible woman's antics

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bill M
“nice food”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

A crowd of us went for a buffet style meal. The staff were friendly and polite. The food was good and plentiful. The decor and ambiance were very pleasant. The toilet were clean and well maintained. Everyone enjoyed themselves.

• Visited January 2014
“birthday lunch”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

had a birthday lunch for my grandson the restaurant was very clean and the manager came over to speak to us which i thought was nice of her the menu was good plenty of choice the only downfall was that the heat lamps that were to keep the food hot did not do a great job some of the food was just warm i didnt complain as it was not a big issue but it i personally would have liked it a bit warmer and its not put me off going back the staff were very nice as well i would say its good value for money

• Visited February 2014