“sunday lunch terrible.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Tudor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Airdrie
The Tudor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Airdrie
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“sunday lunch terrible.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went here for sunday lunch just a few weeks ago ,it stated on the menu ,roast potatoes
we were served sauted potatoes basically fried in a foul oil, we said to the waitress to inform,
the chef she just came back with a smirky smile, saying she told the chef,as for the roast beef ,
lucky it didn't extract our teeth,we came sunday 19th of October so the chef who produced
that terrible meal, certainly needs supervising, before the food is served to customers,we
were later informed by a friend, we could have had a lovely sunday lunch locally and much
cheaper, terribly disappointing, but would not recommend or plan to return there for any meals.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank tourist186487

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I am a regular at the hotel restaurant and have pretty much enjoyed the food served until now. We visited the restaurant recently with friends and we were all disappointed with our meals.The starter I ordered had 'at best' 50p of ingredients. I ordered Beef Curry 'I was served Chicken'but decided to go with it.The chicken 'or what there was of it' was stringy so what I ended up with was basically a plate of Chicken Mulligatawny served with two table spoons of rice. I am afraid my friends did not fair better with their meals. I am aware that the recent refurbishments have to be paid for but please do not make the old mistake of trying to take it from the plate.This restaurant relies very much on it's reputation and it would be advisable for the owners to remember this.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Caliprano
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

stayed for 2 nights whilst visiting family close by,didn't have any main meals but the breakfast were very good with plenty to choose from,the staff were very pleasant and the hotel was clean and tidy.The place is very popular with weddings and other occasions and the train access to glasgow is less than 5 mins away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Motherwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

went to a wedding in the tudor hotel and decided to book a room , our stay was excellant from check in till check out , room spotlesly clean , staff very well manered , breakfast was great .
would deff stay here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katped_13
Chapelhall, Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Went to the Tudor for a wee treat instead of cooking dinner and I knew that the dining area had been done up. We ordered our usual choices. I like the Mother's Steak Pie and my aunt likes the Finnan haddock, and I asked for large steak pie, as opposed to small. Oddly there is no middle ground . Larger or smaller than what ? Anyway , my aunt kept getting mouth fulls of bones, so much so that she was frightened in case she choked. You might expect a few small bones, but she had the large fishbones in every bite. The cheesy sauce was thinner than usual and the potato wasn't fully cooked. My steak pie wasn't exactly large. There was a fair amount of very well cooked stew. The so called puff pastry was flat as a pancake and was just over 2 inches square. I got 10 chips with a spoonful of garden peas and 6 bits of carrot - Yes I was so astonished I counted them. I thought they had given me a small plate and after my comments, brought another very small bit of flat pastry- it was the kind of pastry that you get when you think you can get away with puff pastry cooked on it's date, but it doesn't rise. To be fair my aunt changed to a small steak pie and got just a small amount less than me but more chips !. After we had eaten the woman came and asked if it was alright, so I told her no, and my reasons. She said 'she would tell him' but didn't offer any apology or reason, and although I waited to see what would happen, it never did. I should say that I've eaten there many times, and wouldn't have done so if it had been as bad in the past. Just wouldn't rate this. I should also add that it's usually busy after 5pm, but it was dead - I wonder why ? Please get your act together

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Elspeth D
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

For personal reasons I needed to stay in Airdrie for an extended period (many weeks) in late 2012. There is an extremely limited choice of Hotel accommodation in that town and I was prepared to “put up with anything”. I can report that I was not just pleasantly surprised by The Tudor but immensely impressed. It is a very professionally run establishment with staff who were never intrusive but always friendly, respectful and kind. My room was not large but was extremely comfortable and well-designed with desk, lots of cupboard space and drawers, good lighting AND the heating system made it very cosy (especially when it was snowing outside). The attached bathroom was spacious, immaculately clean and quite luxurious. Rooms were serviced daily – with fluffy white towels etc provided. My upstairs room was also very quiet – well soundproofed from the frequently noisy crowds in the Bar, Restaurant and Function areas downstairs. Breakfast was part of my Package: it was hearty and included hot cooked food if desired. My special request for yoghurt was met every morning even though it was not on the menu. There is a dearth of “acceptable” cafes/restaurants in Airdrie – but this did not matter because the downstairs Bistro/Restaurant facilities at The Tudor offer a huge range of high-quality dishes with generous servings at very moderate prices. Its location is very good – near public transport (train and bus), close to medical facilities, less than 5 minutes walk to the main town shops and closer still to the Recreation Centre (indoor swimming pool and gym) and the delightful Town Hall Café which serves light meals, snacks, cakes etc. Price-wise the Tudor is very reasonable – extremely good value for money. It became my “home” for a couple of months and I was very happy and settled there. I have nothing but praise for it facilities and comforts and would recommend it highly for anyone who has a need to stay in Airdrie.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Judy R
Coningsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had been let down by the the first hotel that we had booked and had to find somewhere late on a Saturday night after travelling over 300 miles from where we live.We had our 2 young kids and were desperate. The manager worked over time to accommodate us. In fact all of the staff where so helpful, helping us to unload the car and get settled quickly. The rooms are very comfortable and its nicely appointed throughout. Breakfast is very good with some good choices on the menu.We will look to stay again and would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Airdrie
Mondo Hotel
#1 of 9 in Motherwell
Premier Inn Glasgow (Bellshill) Hotel
Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club
Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park

Been to The Tudor Hotel? Share your experiences!