“Impressed with the new look!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Tudor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Airdrie
The Tudor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Airdrie
“Impressed with the new look!”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

The entrance into the hotel is very fresh and modern. A sign that the hotel is still doing well even although the economy is in recession. It is great to see a local, family run, long established businesses surviving in difficult times. The staff are very friendly and take time to speak to customers, the menu has plenty of choice and I have never had a bad plate of food. A great new look and well worth a stop if you are ever passing through Airdrie.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Alsn74

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Every time I go back the Tudor Hotel I find it a very enjoyable experience, great value for money and fantastic food and service.

After reading the review from - DINERandHOTEL_Review I felt the need to write another review to put this terrible review right and correct a number of misinformed opinions.

Frozen food has been a great move forwards as it allows for minimum wastage saving the environment from increasing waste. True that it may sometimes not be great and yes fresh is sometimes best but in this case I find that frozen works and on weekends I have seen fresh vegetables going out such as cabbage and bacon.

Mothers Steak pie is my favourite dish and no where I have been has topped this, sometimes mistakes happen but by far the pastry is my favourite part and is always of a high standard. I have to point out that the Tudor uses a variety of LOCAL Coatbridge suppliers who deliver butcher meat, fruit and vegetables, cakes and "the terrible bread rolls" as stated by the review.

I find it very inappropriate that the reviewer has named the family who owns the hotel. In regards to mentioning the manageress who supposedly runs the hotel on her own is very untrue as there are a variety of partners who are involved.

I would like to put the point across that the reviewer has also said there are numerous scathing reviews but in my own opinion I find their review the most scathing and untrue.

The reviewer also seems very keen on backing local businesses but where is their support for this local business which has survived in the poor economic climate and is constantly spending money to improve the business such as the recent overhaul of the bedrooms.

I believe that everyone has their own opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion but blatant deviation from the truth is not the way to go if anyone is ever unsatisfied.

The Tudor will always remain my favourite haunt and I am a regular myself.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank MSEM91
Fylde
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Stayed for an overnight. Hotel has just completed refurb and I was knocked out by the changes - being nosey I asked to see a selection of the rooms which varied in size but were all done out to the same high standard and spotless. Fantastic new bathrooms - some compact but more than adequate. Very good value for money. If dining try the steak pie - its too die for :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sophieTT
Bicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2011

I have stayed in the Tudor Hotel at least once a month over the past 12 months. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and put me at easy straight away.

The standard of referbishment of their rooms are second to none. Each with a flat screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities. Each room has new beds and luxurious bed linen. The rooms are always clean and fresh and very welcoming after a full day at the office.

My stays in Scotland would not of been so enjoyable had I not stayed in this delightful hotel. A true home from home.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank claire3052
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2011

As with all things - if you have a bad experience you tell ten friends but with a good experience you tell only one!
Stayed here after a friends 21st - rooms were okay but are in the middle of a full refurbishment which will bring them right up to date, the plans are on the walls in reception and look lovely.
Food is excellent and all cooked from fresh, note to person who said it is cooked from frozen brakes sell things like french fries and sweets. Also the steaks are not £19.00 they are £17.95 and the food is all very reasonably priced with very large portions!
The function suite was well presented all the tables had chair covers and bows which can be hired from the Tudor itself, the buffet was fantastic and there was nothing left at the end of the night.
Staff were great, very attentive and polite - couldn't do enough for us.
Overall a great local place to stay, very handy around 20 minutes to Glasgow and a new train line has opened which goes straight to Edinburgh. I would definitely ignore the bad reviews and if you go try the steak pie!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank MSEM91
motherwell
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Just had our sons wedding in the Tudor Hotel Sat 9th Oct.. Must I say, after reading the reviews prior to the wedding we were a bit concerned. Although we didnt stay the night some of the wedding party did. They had no complaints. It may be that some people are too hard to please.
The service was second to none, as was the meal . The wine on the tables was good quality. Excellent value when you compare it to other hotels. The table linen and crockery was spotless. There was a lot of things left in the hotel accidently, including my camera, which were all awaiting us the next day. First Class service.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank lorraine r
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2010

This used to be a class act. No longer I'm afraid. Small, dated rooms. Unfriendly and unapproachable staff, food cooked from frozen ready made ( I saw the delivery from Brakes coming in). Way over priced for wedding food and im surprised the restaurant is still trading. We had my 30th there years ago and it was going downhill back then. I remember the cold food and chaotic service. Very poor!

• Stayed December 2009
5 Thank Del0530
Also consider these accommodations in or near Airdrie
Mondo Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Strathclyde
Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club
Premier Inn Glasgow (Motherwell) Hotel
Premier Inn Glasgow (Bellshill) Hotel

Been to The Tudor Hotel? Share your experiences!