“Wedding Venue”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Irvine
Glasgow
“Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had our wedding here in September 2011. All of our guests who stayed were delighted with the service they received and overall the whole wedding itself.

We had an amazing team supporting us on the day who were all in the right place at the right time.

A favourite place of ours now.

The penthouse is stunning

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Darlington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Gailes Hotel was OK, not bad and not good. The room was adequate, not a great deal different from a Travel Lodge.
The restaurant served standard fayre, but did it well; so nothing wrong with that.
My only real gripe was there was a problem with the mixer unit in the bath so you had to have the taps running whilst the shower was on.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank iridium2107
, Manager at Gailes Restaurant and Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. As a privately owned business we are always trying to exceed guests expectations with regards to the product that we offer. The hotel has consistently been awarded 4 star status in the visit Scotland quality assurance with special mention having been made to our continued reinvestment in the hotel. Thank you for drawing our attention to the shower attachment, our maintenance team are now currently checking all of our fittings. I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Very accomodating staff - found a family room for us with 15 minutes notice and early check in after being let down by Menzies hotel in the town (don't go there). Free Wi-fi everywhere, easy parrking, clean modern rooms - travel lodge style set up but far higher quality. Breakfast was superb cooked to order swiftly and couldn't do enough For us including taking my baby for a stroll around the restaurant whilst I ate breakfast in peace - prriceless...
Restaurant had great atmosphere. We only had a sandwich but was swiftly served and it tasted great. I wish we could have stayed for tea.
Only downsides: no aircon for the 2 weeks a year it's needed and location next to by-pass and old rubbish dump (but don't let that put you off).

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Gailes Restaurant and Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Thank you for your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Gailes. As a privately owned business we pride ourselves on our service and exceeding our guest’s expectations which our team have certainly done on this occasion.
Surrounded also by some spectacular golf courses the Gailes certainly provides an enjoyable stay. Hopefully next time you visit you will have more time and be able to enjoy a delicious meal in our restaurant.
Irvine, Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Sadly, as one of the nicer restaurants on my doorstep, I've decided I wont be visiting the Gailes Restaurant for some time. On a number of occasions we have either been ignored after being seated, had an order taken only to come back and say its not available (scones of all things!), and the food has been decidedly average for the price. Even the tea had been dumbed down from tea leaves in the pot, to a simple teabag the last time I was there, yet the price remained the same.

I have completed the comments card the last twice I was there and have never heard anything from the restaurant.

Thankfully their sister establishment, The Waterside, has managed to win me over again to this chain of restaurants and I will be visiting there again after the exemplary service I received.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PapaDug
Further to your recent review can I firstly apologise for the disappointing visits you have recently had to the Gailes. As a privately owned business we always welcome feedback both positive and critical as customer comments can only help us to improve our service. Having completed a comment card It is most unusual for us not to have responded to you at this time and for this I am sorry.
Please be assured that we have taken your comments on board and shared them with our team. We have recently just changed our menu, with certain items being amended. Our loose leaf tea being an example, tea being served in the bag has occurred during the changeover I am however delighted to advise you that we are once again supplying loose premium leaf tea in a variety of flavours.
I would be delighted to discuss your comments with you in more detail if you would like to contact Gill Gallagher at the hotel on 01294 204040
Antas, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stopped here for lunch and found evrything quite accepable, the service and food were about average. My only issue was that we were heading for the airport with a flight to catch and we asked the waitress who showed us to our table if we could be served ASAP. We never saw her again and the message appeared not to have passed along the line as the service was a bit slow. Never the less we did enjoy our luncg and did catch our flight.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
glasgow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed at the Gailes Hotel for a wedding on 2nd June and I found the hotel faded and dated. When I arrived the receptionist found it difficult to to speak to me as she was handling a telephone call at the same time. She dismissed me with a key card and continued with her conversation. The bathroom was the first disappointment, the bath was black and grained with what I thought was sand, but I found that it was completely worn. I paid £90 for a one night stay and can confidently say that a Premier Inn would provide better facilities. Sleeping was impossible as I had a ground floor room and had the noise of people leaving from the car park (which I overlooked) until 4am. Breakfast just made it worse, after a sleepless night I had the pleasure of a breakfast with a hard boiled fried egg (when I asked for soft boiled) and cold bacon. The carpet are worn and have a distinct smell. Would I stay here again, never!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you don't have to!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank maggiepGlasgow
, Manager at Gailes Restaurant and Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Further to your comments on trip advisor and our recent telephone conversation, can I thank you for taking the time to pass your comments on to us with regards to your stay. I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your visit. As a privately owned business we always welcome feedback, both positive and critical, as this can only help us to continually improve our hotels.
We are passionate about our standards and, to ensure consistency, we are part of Visit Scotland Quality Assurance Scheme. We have consistently achieved our 4 star status with assessors complimenting us on our high standards of cleanliness and refurbishment of the hotel. We were therefore very surprised to read your comments but will certainly investigate them further.
The hotel is situated in what is generally a very quiet and peaceful location, surrounded by championship golf courses. On the night in question the additional noise was from other guests, who had been attending the wedding. We do have staff on duty during the evening in order that noise from guests leaving is kept to a minimum and this is generally achieved.
With regards to our team at the hotel we are continually being praised for their professionalism and friendliness towards guests. I am sorry that this did not come across on a busy check in.
I do hope that you will use the discount voucher we have sent to you so that you can try the hotel again and experience the friendly service that our family-owned SimpsInns properties are renowned known for.
Oxford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

This hotel is a haven for golfers and most of the breakfast guests were golfers. Breakfast is served by most friendly middle aged Scotsmen and caters well for vegetarians. Spacious room and spotless. I never managed to work out how to switch the bath from the shower setting - think it was jammed - and despite the steam that filled the bathroom, it was actually quite a cold bath by the time the shower had filled it. Very friendly staff - definitely a feature of Scotland hotels I have noticed! There are some road works around a nearby traffic roundabout that managed to delay taxi arrival so perhaps build that in to schedule if you are on a business deadline. Despite that the hotel is located on a golfing estate my front room had a view of two factories - see picture. Presumably the other side of the hotel would have a view of rolling countryside, golf links and gorse fields?

Room Tip: A room on the parking area side has a view of distant factories - go for the other side.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,431 reviews
Kidron House Hotel
Kidron House Hotel
#3 of 5 in Irvine

Been to Gailes Restaurant and Hotel? Share your experiences!