“birthday lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Kilbirnie, United Kingdom
“birthday lunch”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

we took my daughter & granddaughter for lunch to celebrate my granddaughters birthday. it was a snowy day & the gailes was very warm & everyone gave us a warm welcome & were very attentive. the food was delicious & great portions great value. that's the second time we have dined there this year & we had the same service.

• Visited February 2013

Irvine, United Kingdom
“You must eat here”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Since it has reopened I have been to the fig tree 3 times for dinner and once for lunch.

The food is amazing, fresh, great portions and fantastic value if you go for the early evening menu choices. The staff are friendly and helpful and attentive.

The newly decorated area is tastefully done and I do not agree it looks like a local hospital canteen as one reviewer stated.

I highly recommend a visit to here asap.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank pmc82
North Ayrshire
“Welcome back!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was one of our favourite places to eat before the terrible fire a couple of years ago and we were delighted to see it up and running again - albeit in less luxurious form. We visited (6 adults and a year old baby) on 3rd January. It was certainly quiet but we liked the decor and ambience even down to the discrete play area which kept our little one entertained between courses. The staff could not have been more pleasant and attentive and made us feel very welcome. The food was delicious, well presented and we had good helpings - only two made it to the sweet course! We chose mainly from the Supper Menu with a couple of very tasty dishes from the more expensive Evening Menu but felt all choices gave good value for money. We will definitely be back and will recommend to friends.

• Visited January 2013
Kilwinning, United Kingdom
“Worth finding”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Recently re-opened after fire last year the place probably suffers from lack of signage to indicate that it's there. Doesn't immediately strike you as being a restaurant from the outside, but inside it's absolutely fine with well spaced tables and lighting and decor creating a pleasing and cosy atmosphere. The food is still first-class and served up warm and straight from the pan! Would recommend the Apple & Bramble crumble as being one of the top finishes to an excellent meal that I've ever experienced.

• Visited December 2012
Kilwinning, United Kingdom
“Never again, worse than terrible, botched rebuild, botched experience !!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Went to the fig tree today not knowing what to expect. On first inspection the temporary building looked ok from the outside, but that was as good as it got.
On entering the dining area I was taken a back by how much it looked like crosshouse hospital cafeteriia, dodgy wall art, lime green chairs and just a general cafeteria feel.
We waited 4 mins to be seated at the drafty doorway and to me this was a bit unacceptable as there were only 10 tables in but 4 waiting staff present ???
Once seated I timed my exxperience, it took 16 minutes for my order to be taken, and to be honest I wish I had walked out when I first looked at the lackluste and mundane lunch menu. We then waited 15 minutes for 2 toasted cajun chicken ciabbatas and two portions of cajun fries, and please remember there were only 10 tables in and mostly tables of 2. When the food arrived it got worse, the toasted ciabbata was infact an untoasted soggy baguette, with soggy wet chicken with the smallesst hint of cajun, the menu stated crispy bacon but the fat was as crispy as melted chocolate. My partner declared hers unedible but I gave mine a go, but it was horrible. I just couldnt wait to leave.
As we sat waiting for our orderr to be taken and food to arrive, we noticed alot of head shaking and apparent dismay from other customers at the bad bad service, one table acctually shouted the waitress down and said can u take our order now please lol. Also didnt like the fact that the ,chefs were,nt wearing any kind of headwear, not good in my opinion.
All in all a terrible experience, service horrendous, surroundings horrendous, food horrendous, overrall horrendous. Take my word givve thhis place a miss

2 Thank thwarty