“Poor”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Irvine
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“Poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

We visited this hotel as we received it as a gift. when we got our room it was freezing the room was thick with dust and very tired decor I wanted to complain but as we got it as a gift my partner said we shouldn't. We had 2 go out a drive for to give time for the room 2 heat up.next morning we got up 2 a power cut my partner was fuming got dressed and went 2 reception complain they said they would send someone up we waited for a while no one appeared we went for breakfast without a shower breakfast was poor cheap bacon and sausage.i did complain when we left reception said they would contact me after 12 as that's when the general manager was in its now the 11th Feb no call.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Gwenneba
IrvineManager, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Irvine, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank for your feedback about the hotel and the experience you had and once again please accept my apologies for the lapse in standards and for the mix up when trying to contact you.

As I explained when we spoke, Paul in my absence had spoken with Mrs McMahon who purchased the gift voucher and is a regular guest and apologised for the lapse in standards. Paul had also tried to contact you directly and had spoken with your daughter both on the day of your departure and the following day and left messages with her for you to contact him at time convenient for you so that he could also go through the events.

Since our discussion we have reviewed our arrival policy but unfortunately the power cut was caused by a fault which required a fully qualified electrician to rectify but which was completed by the time you had returned from breakfast. I was however disappointed to hear your comments on breakfast as this is generally an area that receives positive reviews.

Many thanks for your understanding when we spoke and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Tuathal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Polish first
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Had a wee break with my sisters and partners. All staff from Kirsty and Lisa on reception to Stacey at the bar were cheery and attentive with nothing too much trouble. Special thanks have to go to Paul and Mark so going that extra bit to ensure our party were all seated comfortably and together. Mark was particularly kind offering us coffee while waiting for the rest of our party for breakfast. Food was gorgeous, thanks also go to the chef (sorry didn't get your name) who was happy to make custard for some of the party for evening meal.
This was a return trip for me but I will be back

Room Tip: If you have any walking problems ask for ground floor as there is no lift
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank fertdt1961
Dear guest,

I am always delighted to read that the team have made another your stay memorable and I hope that we have an opportunity to do so again in the near future. Our kitchen is always happy to deal with any dietary requirements and I am glad that the friendliness and attentiveness of the team has shone through.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post such positive feedback.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in a family room in January 2014. The room was comfortable and spacious, with complimentary wifi throughout. The requested child cot was not actually provided, although the hotel manager did come and apologise in person after we ended up bringing in our own travel cot.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the value for money was terrific at the time we stayed (£69 per night room only for the family).

We ate in the hotel on the first evening, and the food was decent. The breakfast buffet was excellent on both mornings, and good value for money.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask in advance for a room close to reception if you are wanting to use a child monitor whilst they s...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Toptoga
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review of the hotel and I am delighted that you enjoyed the restaurant and that breakfast was to your satisfaction.

Please accept my apologies for the oversight regarding the travel cot, but I am please to read that the duty manager went to see you and apologies for our error.

When you are next visiting the area please contact me at tuathal.breheny@menzieshotels.co.uk so that I can personal ensure everything is to your total satisfaction.

Fife
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Just back from an overnight DBB break for 8 adult family members having a chill out and catch up and I have to say it met all expectations and more. For a party of our size you would imagine a couple of hiccups but no. The staff go out of their way to make you feel special. Many thanks to managers Paul and Mark (you know why!). Thanks to Kirsty and Lisa on reception for making it easy for us to check in & for sorting the 'accessible' room (whew) & also for keeping the payment secret. We all liked our rooms (clean, warm & spacious). Claire at the bar deserves a mention for keeping up with our lunch order and for the extra tea & for all that came after! Stacey who's name badge came from Australia served us our delicious 3 course dinner. The chef is to be praised for the delicious food including the breakfast. What a choice! I've been before & loved the whole experience & I think you may have a few more who will be back. If anyone reading this has any doubts as to whether to book or not - just book it. You won't be disappointed! Note for management - any chance of a freebie after this glowing review? Or a pay for one night get one night free? Would have to be for 8 adults though! Thanks for helping to make it a great break for us all! Donna and the gang

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for such a phenomenal review, it really makes all the teams day when we see that we have such a positive impact on a guest’s stay.

When you are next visiting the area please contact me at tuathal.breheny@menzieshotels.co.uk so that I can personal look after your reservation and please be assured the entire team look forward to you and all your family returning.

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

I had a party of 21adults and five children for a wedding reception at the hotel on 25th January 2014.The menus choice was good and the food was great. I cannot praise the staff enough. They went out of their way to make sure everything went well which it did. I would certainly recommend this hotel for a venue such as ours. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank john m
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and we are delighted that we had a part to play in your special day. Claire our wedding coordinator always enjoys that personal touch of being there on the day and helping with all the planning and preparations in advance of the big day.

We all look forward to welcoming you back for your first anniversary if not sooner.

Kind regards

Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

good value for money few negatives dinner menu was much the same most nights could have been a bit more choice on a positive side the food was really nice was served by a really good waiter called paul the rooms are getting a bit tired in need of a bit redecoration overall nice stay well worth the money very pleasant staff especially paul our waiter

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank tania s
Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your stay at the hotel.

Firstly please accept my apologies for the lack of change in the menu; this is certainly not our hotel standard which involves a daily change of choice alongside our A la Carte and lounge menu.

In relation to the bedrooms we have an ongoing maintenance and refurbishment programme in place and are constantly striving to improve the quality of the rooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and please contact me directly at tuathal.breheny@menzieshotels.co.uk so that I can personally look after your reservation.

Kind regards

scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We booked this hotel for a quiet time before christmas. The week before my partner phoned hotel to see if any entertainment on that weekend. He spoke to Clare rodden the events manager who advised a christmas party night was planned for the sat night of our stay. Clare was fantastic providing us will loads of information re event and hotel and included us into the party night which was fantastic. Great atmosphere, great food and great DJ who made everyone very welcome!!!
Hotel gorgeous as you walk in and staff very nice. Bedrooms clean and perfect in every way.
Breakfast was great and staff really welcoming.
Can only rate this hotel a perfect 10/10 as will definately return next dec. Clare has a great personality and very good at her job. She made our stay exceptional and would like her superiors know this!! A great asset to this wee gem of a hotel
Best wishes Bob Anne Brady ❤

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank monicaof
Dear Mr & Mrs Brady

I am delighted to see that you had such a wonder time and that you rate the hotel as a 10 /10 for all areas including our Christmas party nights.

Claire is our newest member of the management team and is as you said proving to be a real asset to the hotel particularly with our wedding couples.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review and hopefully we will see you before December.

Tuathal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Gailes Restaurant and Hotel
Seamill Hydro
Seamill Hydro
#1 of 2 in West Kilbride
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,431 reviews

Been to Hallmark Hotel Irvine? Share your experiences!