“OVERNIGHT STAYERS ONE NIGHT STAYERS FAMILY FRIENDY”

Hallmark Hotel Irvine
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Irvine
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My daughter and I spend another great weekend at the Menzies Hotel Irvine with our grandchildren. The staff were fantastic, rooms serviced every day. The food is divine.
The hotel caters or all. Overnight stayer, One night stayers and family stayers. I've not got a bad word to say about this hotel. Our family have been there 4 times in the last 18 moths and our family will be back again.

ps. that is unless the twins are barred.

Wee Derek said x to Morgan.

Room Tip: make sure there is a key for the fridge.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have stayed here on a few occasions and again we were not disappointed. Staff very helpful, nice to see management out on the hotel floor engaging with customers. Food again very good. The only down side was the furniture in bedrooms is a little tired and needs a good clean but this did not spoil our stay.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

DBB deal on arrival, we hadn't booked.We were given a family room for the two of us so it was large. Bed was large and very comfortable.The room was a bit jaded.The furniture was old and scarred,clearly had seen better days and the upholstery on the chairs was stained. However it was clean enough and comfortable.Dinner was dreadful! The food was awful.A strange menu whether eating from the one included in our price or from the a la carte which incurred supplements. We chose a la carte. Both of us started with scallops and black pudding. Absolutely tasteless. If you had put a blindfold on us we could not have told you what we were eating. Next pork for my husband with a spoonful of dauphinoise potato and two sprigs of broccoli. He did say the pork was nice enough but a very small portion.He was still hungry.My salmon was dry and the mashed potatoes powdery.The two pieces of parsnip were too hard to eat.Sticky toffee pudding for hubby. He said he had never tasted sticky toffee like it,another disaster. I shared my four crackers and three bits of cheese with him as he was still hungry. In fairness the hotel is between chefs at the moment and perhaps we were just unlucky.
Saturday night entertainment was a young boy playing the piano in the lounge with the piped music competing with him. However the staff were all very nice. Friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good with all the usual choices.We would stay here again but would not have dinner.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

On arrival I was given a smoking room which smelled really badly of smoke. It was about a 10 minute tound trip to the room and back to reception to change it, so large is the hotel. Both the first and subsequent room were unheated, the first with the window open in near freezing temperatures, presumably to disperse the smell of smoke. In my second room, the TV remote, towel rail, bathroom TV speaker and air conditioning were all broken/deactivated. I didn't care about most of these items but the impression left by so many unmaintained facilities is of a hotel that doesn't care. Staff were pleasant when reacting to problems but clearly nobody is proactive in checking the rooms / reservations. I had booked dinner bed and breakfast. Only on check in was I told my dinner was from a special menu and supplements were applicable to order from the a la carte. I am not a fussy eater and had just cycled 105 miles. I would have eaten pretty much anything they served up, yet I could not eat the first two courses. Starter was a red onion tart. This turned out to literally be a red onion, pickled and dunked on top of a tiny piece of puff pastry. The main was lamb that was tough and tasted grim accompanied by what looked like smash with some vegetable in it. The dish as a whole resembled something like a bad school dinner. Pudding was Eaton Mess which was good.

In summary, the staff are nice but the place is soulless and disorganised and the food is the pits. I haven't had breakfast yet so that may be better.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Jogler123
Reviewed March 13, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel on a few occasions now and absolutly love it.
My first time we booked it as a deal through work and this was when the swimming pool was still there,and we had a lovely stay with a room over looking the pool.
My husband booked it as a suprise for our anniversary and got us the dinner B&B deal,the food was gorgeous,i paid extra for the steak and when it was done a little too pink for me the staff sorted it no problems.
We have stayed after this again through my work, and again our stay was lovely.
The staff are lovely and very polite and are always very attentive,the only thing i would say is that the rooms could be doing with being updated but i think this is maybe on the cards,but do not let this sway you in any way as the rest more than makes up for this,a very comfy bed and i always sleep well when here.
I recently booked a 5 star in glasgow which was the worst hotel ever,wish we had just rebooked here again,but we will deffo be returning :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013

just spent 3 nights at this Hotel and must say the Manager and his team of attentive & extremley hard working Staff are a credit to the Company.
also the food was very good & evening meal was very nicely presented.
but that saying i do not think that this hotel is worthy of a 4* rating as it is definatley ready for an upgrade - our room had black mould growing all around the window! also the bed bases were stained! and mattreses did not have any protectors on them, Room decor is very dated and furnitue is tatty & well used and in desperate need of upgrading to four star standard.
on the plus side the beds were very comfortable and the sheets & towls were clean.
Location was also an issue for me as the Hotel was set in a golf course, just a little bit to far out of town for me, this suited some guest fine and there is a nice walk by the river,
Would i stay again - No not untill the hotel has had a long overdue upgrade, cant put my finger on what was missing - just felt a bit iffy and not up to the 4* standard of Hotel i normally stay in.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Helen1660
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Kidron House Hotel
#1 of 2 in West Kilbride
The Waterside Hotel
The Waterside Hotel
#2 of 2 in West Kilbride

Been to Hallmark Hotel Irvine? Share your experiences!