Braidmead House
$29
$104
$101
Orbitz.com
Premier Inn Kilmarnock Hotel(Kilmarnock)(Great Value!)
$78
Lauriston Hotel(Ardrossan)
$106
$88
Travelocity
All reviewsdiana and jimb bplace to stayample parkingguest housefelt like homefull scottish breakfaston arrivalfriendly welcomebreakfast was amazingshort stayexcellent staythe ground floorthree nightsstayed one nightcomfortable stayfeel very welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for one night. It is by far one of the best B&Bs that I have ever stayed in across all of the UK. The reasons I recommend it:

- The location makes it a perfect hob for western Scotland
- Excellent value for money
- It is super-duper clean
- The rooms cater for everything (firm beds, comfy pillows, all the mod-cons & extras…)
- The breakfast is plentiful and delicious
- The hosts are warm, friendly, and go out of their way to see that you enjoy your stay (they don’t just go the extra mile, they went at least an extra 100 miles during my stay)
- The Building itself is an 1850s building with tonnes of character and charm. It has been sympathetically renovated to a very high standard and with all of the original features.

I had the most perfect stay - thanks Diana!

Room Tip: Ask your hosts for local recommendations (attractions, day trips, food, etc), their knowledge of the area is priceless.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Londoner1973
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed at Braidmead House whilst working away for a couple of weeks. I chose the B&B based on Tripadvisor reviews as I am bored of staying in soulless and boring business hotels. I was definitely not disappointed! The owners are very friendly and welcoming, nothing seems to be too much trouble. The rooms are decent sized and very clean, with a modern en-suite bathroom (with a warm and fairly powerful shower). The bed was one of the most comfy I've slept in a hotel/B&B, the flatscreen TV had all the Freeview channels, free WiFi (some major hotel chains could take note on both TV and WiFi provision!). Although I only had breakfast twice due to starting work very early, it was good both times, with a great selection of tea, coffee, cereals, yoghurts and cooked options. Diana even made sandwiches on the days when I started early and gave me good restaurant recommendations for the evenings. This really was a "home from home" and certainly the best B&B I've ever stayed in, and could teach some 4 star hotels a thing or two about service and quality of rooms! I certainly know where I'll be staying if work or leisure takes me to Ayrshire again.

Room Tip: I stayed in an attic room the first week which seemed a bit bigger than the other room I stayed in.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BrightonAlex1985
Reviewed April 5, 2013

What a wonderful B&B and the owners Jim and Diana are wonderful too. We stayed for 2nights and nothing was too much trouble for Di, who even provided afternoon Tea. Great breakfast, comfy beds what more can I say but a very big Thank You to you both.

Room Tip: Great place to stay for getting to Isle of Arran or golf courses.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Arrangirl
Reviewed March 29, 2013

a very welcoming couple who couldn't do enough to make our stay special,Diana was very informative about attractions far and wide and Jim even made my wife 4music cd,s to take away with her, excellent breakfast and a spotlessly clean house, beautifully restored and tastefully decorated.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank graeme021
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our 8th visit and it is still as good as the first . Diana and Jim are wonderful hosts and nothing is too much trouble. The room is comfortable. The sweeties in the dish is a nice touch. We always look forward to going back. Breakfasts are beautifully cooked and presented and nothing is too much trouble. All in all it is extremely good value for money....why stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple